Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

8521 - 8540 of 10021 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Scored a 3.909:1 LSD rear differential with only (less than) 2,000 miles on it .Also on its way is a Spec SM flywheel with a spec stage 3+ clutch assy .Took the Nitrous back up to 100 hp with water/ meth .Ordered the sprint booster V3 .Throttle body sent out to MAX BORE .Should be a hand full after I get it custom tuned .The canned tune (BTR 91 octane for a 3.8 R-spec 2014 MT) I will sell later on after the tuning event .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bought a 2014 Gen coupe Ultimate this week. Detailed it this weekend and got some wing emblems on it. Pretty excited to drive this thing!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Took about 4 hours to wash n dry the whip, clean the interior as well as my engine bay. Looks great now, especially with my seats conditioned and interior panels clean. I even dressed the tires and all rubber and plastic trim (to prevent dry rot - the sun out here is bright but brutal).

·
Registered
989 Posts
Blew the welds off my intake!

But seriously, I actually blew up the intake manifold..

It scared the **** out of me when it happened.Thankfully my floor pans didnt fall out.

I dont think there was any damage to the engine but ill find that out after I replace the manifold.

Luckily I planned for this way back when there was the big intake manifold explosion scare of 2013 so I have already have a bk1 manifold ill put in. Ive been storing it in my crawl space for 4 years.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
get the aluminum version and get it ported. Problem solved.

·
Registered
989 Posts
get the aluminum version and get it ported. Problem solved.
Yeah, I mentioned at the end of the post that I had one for the past 4 years as a back up.

I was actually looking for you earlier today since I knew you did porting, but I saw it was for the 3.8 so i never sent you a message. Since grimmspeed had stopped doing it I wasnt sure where else to have it done. Problem is I need it turned around quick because I have a race in early June I need to be ready for.

Probably just going to take my chances with the uneven flow and just install it.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
Yeah, I mentioned at the end of the post that I had one for the past 4 years as a back up.

I was actually looking for you earlier today since I knew you did porting, but I saw it was for the 3.8 so i never sent you a message. Since grimmspeed had stopped doing it I wasnt sure where else to have it done. Problem is I need it turned around quick because I have a race in early June I need to be ready for.

Probably just going to take my chances with the uneven flow and just install it.
https://imgur.com/a/exItn

I do 2.0 As well.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
8am.... Wash, strip, clay bar
1130am..... One step polish, then wax
815pm.... Jesus I just finished!

Dude that's a freaking job right there with black paint. Non stop for 12 hours.... I am dead. Very happy I didn't attempt a 2 or 3 step full correction.

But the car looks amazeballz. I am too tired to post pictures. Time for a cold one lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Changed my left side tie rods (inner/outer) to finish up my front suspension overhaul that included struts, strut mounts, tie rods, and control arms (which replaced the bushings and ball joints). I no longer have that right pulling issue even with a spot on alignment, and I don't have that mystery 65mph vibration anymore either. Getting an alignment done first thing in the morning and then new rear tires shortly after. She should drive pretty sweet.

·
Registered
432 Posts
8am.... Wash, strip, clay bar
1130am..... One step polish, then wax
815pm.... Jesus I just finished!

Dude that's a freaking job right there with black paint. Non stop for 12 hours.... I am dead. Very happy I didn't attempt a 2 or 3 step full correction.

But the car looks amazeballz. I am too tired to post pictures. Time for a cold one lol
I know that feel, I work out in my driveway on the car, and people pass by hours later and be like, "you're still at that?" Ha. haha. hahaha........

Yes, yes I am. And yes, yes I am insane. Any further questions? :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also did a big long spring wash, 7 hours straight.

- wheel scrub (boar hair brushes with CG Diablo Wheels)
- 2 bucket wash (CG Mr. Pink)
- clay whole car (Mothers clay bar kit, clay mitt)
- quick wash, dry completely, pull into garage
- compound out a few swirls (Meguiars Ultimate Compound)
- Polish entire car (Meguiars ultimate polish)
- wax entire car including windows and light lenses (Mothers pure carnuba liquid wax)
- wax wheels (same wax)
- Polish chrome wheel lip (Mothers chrome polish)
- restore shine to black plastic (CG silk shine) grille and plastic around bumpers and tires.

Unfortunately it was a cloudy day so it's difficult to tell the results :). My neighbor opened his door as I was taking pics and said "I'm gonna come over there and pour a giant bottle of water all over that thing". I said "go ahead, it's all gonna just bead right off!"

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Spent a weekend at the track.
https://youtu.be/69nybpKNR6M
Cracked a rotor (left front), didn't realize it at first, but it held together, thank God--not much runoff in most of the braking zones.
Sweet!

Questions.
1. What you using for telemetry/data/video?
2. Tires/brakes (ya the rotor that cracked ;)?
3. What have you done to try and keep IATs consistent? Looks like they stayed pretty good if the reading is accurate....
4. Track? And track temps/weather?
5. Insurance/costs?
6. That exhaust? Just sounds sweet next to the walls.

All in all good work out there! Loved seeing that overtake of the bimmer. Will have to go watch this on my new 75" tube with the sound cranked ;). I am so look close to finally getting out there and tracking this thing so any advice for a rookie would be kick a$$

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I know that feel, I work out in my driveway on the car, and people pass by hours later and be like, "you're still at that?" Ha. haha. hahaha........

Yes, yes I am. And yes, yes I am insane. Any further questions? :p
Yep happened to me a bunch the other day LOLZ... Pretty much every Sunday I am in the garage doing something. They all give me that "oh there is the crazy car nut" look :)..
But other day the best part was I was almost done and guy walks up and asks what wax I use.... I just told him "At this point whatever is the fastest to take back off, I am dead and can't feel my arms. You wanna help?".....

8521 - 8540 of 10021 Posts