Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

8741 - 8760 of 10021 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven't had the Gen for a week now, after ARK heat wrapped headers, did some drifting. Pulled up to a gas station and pulled e brake, come out and the coupe is across the street and some lady is yelling my car hit hers lol. Only front bumper damage. Guess e brake failed or didn't pull it up enough. Perfect time for a body kit if i didn't have more mechanical work to do.

Attachments

·
Official Old Fart
4 Posts
Haven't had the Gen for a week now, after ARK heat wrapped headers, did some drifting. Pulled up to a gas station and pulled e brake, come out and the coupe is across the street and some lady is yelling my car hit hers lol. Only front bumper damage. Guess e brake failed or didn't pull it up enough. Perfect time for a body kit if i didn't have more mechanical work to do.
I have noticed this with my car as well. Pulled the parking brake up and still rolled backward. I have learned to leave it in gear, lol!

·
Court Jester
4,283 Posts
I have noticed this with my car as well. Pulled the parking brake up and still rolled backward. I have learned to leave it in gear, lol!
Adjusting the parking brake is pretty easy.

From a different post on this site...

This is from the manual. You adjust the rear shoe clearance first, then adjust the parking brake:

Shoe Clearance adjustment:
1. Raise the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported.
2. Remove the rear tire and wheel.
3. Remove the plug from the disc..
4. Rotate the toothed wheel of adjuster by a screw driver until the disc is not moving, and then return it by 5 notches
in the opposite direction.
5. Install the plug on disc and then rear wheel & tire.

Brake Level adjustment:
2. Remove the floor console. (Refer to Body group - "Floor console")
3. Adjust the parking brake lever stroke by turning adjusting nut (A).

Parking brake lever stroke :
5 cliks (Pull the lever with 20kg)

4. Release the parking brake lever fully, and check that parking brakes do not drag when the rear wheels are turned.
Readjust if necessary.
5. Make sure that the parking brakes are fully applied when the parking brake lever is pulled up fully.
6. Install the floor console.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
Didn't drive my car for 3 weeks while I was working on it. Got it back up, went to a KDM cruise and then the battery died. Haven't driven it for the last 2 weeks. I miss my car. SoCal SFR tuning event coming up on the 26th, so hoping for some record numbers.

·
Official Old Fart
4 Posts

This is from the manual. You adjust the rear shoe clearance first, then adjust the parking brake:

4. Rotate the toothed wheel of adjuster by a screw driver until the disc is not moving, and then return it by 5 notches

Brake Level adjustment:

4. Release the parking brake lever fully, and check that parking brakes do not drag when the rear wheels are turned.
Readjust if necessary.
5. Make sure that the parking brakes are fully applied when the parking brake lever is pulled up fully.
Thx for the info! I'll do that as soon as my STS arrives - kill 2 birds with one stone!

·
Court Jester
4,283 Posts

Brake Level adjustment:

Readjust if necessary.
Thx for the info! I'll do that as soon as my STS arrives - kill 2 birds with one stone!
I went for a year or so with my parking brake barely holding my car on a slight incline.... finally got around to adjusting it at the wheels a few months ago, and it works great now.

Not difficult to do at all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Genesis Coupe Meet at Atlantic Hyundai

Hey guys I work at Atlantic Hyundai, I've been begging my manager if I can do a Genesis Coupe car meet at the dealership and he finally said YES! This August Saturday 26th its going to be the first Genesis Coupe car meet at Atlantic Hyundai! The best part is that there will be PRICES for the best looking cars, there will be a lot of vendors so you guys can get SPONSORED!! If you want to come and participate please email me at luis_donayre18 at hotmail . com

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have my genesis since mai 2017 and work a little bit on the aesthetic of the car, the V6 is powerful enough for me right now but next year i will upgrade the ECU to stage 1 with SFR.

But today i install the new Megan Racing front Strut bar, Not Bat ;-)
PS: sorry if under the hood it's not clean but it will be done by the end of the season
Ciao

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Wow i havent been on this forum in a loooooonnnggg time!!
Feels good to be back. Ive been doing a few things to the gen over this weekend and still have some more to go.

Things ive done:
Cleaned intake filter
Changed rotors and pads (Stoptech rotors & hawk pads)
Fixed bent fins on intercooler

Things ive still gotta do
Oil Change
Paint intercooler, intake pipe, and other engine bits
Paint wheels
Paint interior pieces
Install spacers
Tint taillights
Install short shifter

And thats all I can remember for now. Heres some updated pics of the car sporting the Rays, CF Hood, and HSD Coil drop

Attachments

8741 - 8760 of 10021 Posts