Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

8801 - 8820 of 10044 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good! Not enough people hunt them. Hogs either which are also a real pain here in the South.

Washed/waxed my ride and cleaned the interior. Sucker didn't look this clean brand new. Got compliments from two people today on the car and they were asking what it was and wanting to know about it. Trunk mat was dirty so scrubbed it clean and washed it then dried it with the shop fan. Changed the oil/filter and will ship off a oil sample for analysis with 50k miles on the engine now. Will change the cabin filter when it arrives. I don't wait to change it every 10k miles because it's filthy by then so mine gets changed every 5k miles with the oil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
today is the day
i will change the rear suspension, original one are dead so i will install 2 new Blister B8,After that i will change the oxygen sensor on the right side of the car (Bank 1)
i will change the crankshaft sensor 2. hope it will fix few problems

have a nice ride
Ciao

·
Bill
564 Posts
walked up to it the other day and just stopped to admire it. weird that it's still growing on me after 5 years, 8 if you count the '10...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok the oxygen sensor Bank 1 (passenger side) it's done
the crankshaft sensor it's changed but now hard to start and P0335 :-(
i will put the original one (the new one is an auto7 part.

sounds like it's a bit to far (not long enough) to get the pulse from the crankshaft

all your comments are welcome

Ciao

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
Ok the oxygen sensor Bank 1 (passenger side) it's done
the crankshaft sensor it's changed but now hard to start and P0335 :-(
i will put the original one (the new one is an auto7 part.

sounds like it's a bit to far (not long enough) to get the pulse from the crankshaft

all your comments are welcome

Ciao
What's the part number on the Auto 7 one?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
yes everything was ok, i remove the o ring to be like the original. but still the same issue.
i will ship it back and they will send another one (same brand) if i have the same results i will try another brand.

thanks for your help
Ciao
The Hyundai part fits quite a few models.
Part Number: 393103C100 ; 39310-3C200; 39310-3C400; 393103C200

Compare the Auto7 part number to these different models.

Hyundai Azera 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Hyundai Entourage 2006, 2007, 2008
Hyundai Genesis 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Hyundai Santa Fe 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Hyundai Sonata 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Hyundai Veracruz 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got my stage 2 Competition Clutch installed with single mass flywheel (SMF). Also swapped out the open diff for a Quaife LSD. To top it off, a short throw shifter.

So much more power going to those rear wheels now and I'm loving it so far!!! Clutch pedal isn't as bad as I first thought and read, but definitely tougher. It's harder to push in and it grips so much faster. I'm learning my car all over again, but so far no problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Upgrades Complete

2 weeks ago I finally did some big upgrades to my '13 2.0t GC Iv'e been wanting to do . I took a trip to get away from Hurricane Irma and traveled to PA and hooked up with [email protected] I brought down with me Mishimoto oil cooler ,3.8 Mishimoto radiator and Treadstone FMIC , along with that Jay ordered a Tomei turbo 7960 boost controller , water meth kit , BK1 manifold swap and custom tuned . I'm very happy with the out come of the power difference , I'm pushing 400hp now . I'm almost there with upgrades , Iv'e done as far as suspension , whiteline sway bars , BC coilovers , front and rear shifter bushings , megan trans mount , subframe collar kit .. INJEN CAI , ISIS Down Pipe , Magnaflow exhaust Cat back, Ultimate racing test pipe , inside ATQ Short Shifter , TWM Shifter ball ,52mm Pillar gauge mount made by Ortiz Custom Pods , NICHE CITRINE Competition Series wheels Black/Chrome . . Next I hope to purchase a Dodge Challenger Hellcat or Scat-Pac with Shaker . and then I will continue the GC build maybe internals so I can make 500+whp .

·
Registered
65 Posts
2 weeks ago I finally did some big upgrades to my '13 2.0t GC Iv'e been wanting to do . I took a trip to get away from Hurricane Irma and traveled to PA and hooked up with [email protected] I brought down with me Mishimoto oil cooler ,3.8 Mishimoto radiator and Treadstone FMIC , along with that Jay ordered a Tomei turbo 7960 boost controller , water meth kit , BK1 manifold swap and custom tuned . I'm very happy with the out come of the power difference , I'm pushing 400hp now . I'm almost there with upgrades , Iv'e done as far as suspension , whiteline sway bars , BC coilovers , front and rear shifter bushings , megan trans mount , subframe collar kit .. INJEN CAI , ISIS Down Pipe , Magnaflow exhaust Cat back, Ultimate racing test pipe , inside ATQ Short Shifter , TWM Shifter ball ,52mm Pillar gauge mount made by Ortiz Custom Pods , NICHE CITRINE Competition Series wheels Black/Chrome . . Next I hope to purchase a Dodge Challenger Hellcat or Scat-Pac with Shaker . and then I will continue the GC build maybe internals so I can make 500+whp .
So, you're that guy! I seen your whip on his channel. Looking good man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone tinted their tail lights with film themselves? If so how hard was it? I don't feel like paying $100 to get mine done.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
It can't be that hard to do. A stretchy film and a hairdryer or heat gun to warm it up to get it to shape to the tail light should help. I haven't done it but if you've tinted your windows it should be about the same.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Are you looking to keep it naturally aspirated or adding boost (turbo or NOS)? How much are you looking to invest?

If boosting, you really would need to upgrade the low end or risk piston failure (stock number 1 is known to be the weak link).

Not sure how well stock rods and pistons would hold up, NA or with any boost, past 400whp.

If you are interested, I have a set of new in box, stock bore, forged JE Designs pistons I can sell you.

8801 - 8820 of 10044 Posts