Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

9741 - 9760 of 10021 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had it there earlier this spring but had to back down. Too herky jerky in 1st gear. May try it again in warmer weather.
Doing FA9 all the time now (from FA6)

I guess you just need to “reformat” your driving habits with the Genny

·
Here instead of working
17 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
As some of you guys know I made a 1 inch thick (match ported) phenolic intake manifold spacer for my BK2 3.8 . Spacer fits very well ( a mother F-er to make) but due to my VIS vented carbon fiber hood , I do not have room for my custom cold air intake system to clear the VIS hood with the 1 inch phenolic spacer is installed . Probably could use a different elbow coupling in the CAI system with a slight degree change to get more clearance .

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,055 Posts
As some of you guys know I made a 1 inch thick (match ported) phenolic intake manifold spacer for my BK2 3.8 . Spacer fits very well ( a mother F-er to make) but due to my VIS vented carbon fiber hood , I do not have room for my custom cold air intake system to clear the VIS hood with the 1 inch phenolic spacer is installed . Probably could use a different elbow coupling in the CAI system with a slight degree change to get more clearance .
Have one of the hose companies make you a real short 'S'-curve 4" wrapped silicone coupler with a 1" offset to drop the feed immediately after the throttle body. Should put the new pickup just 8" or so further forward at about the original position. Might negatively impact the CAI's flow a tiny bit, but it should work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just passed 100k miles recently too Red so I changed the 30k mile old 75w90 Redline diff fluid for myself the first time. Dealer had the bolts so tight I had to impact them off. Hand pump from Oreilly auto gave me a lot of grief putting new fluid in from under the car instead of the trunk method but I finally got it done. I don't care for how that diff fluid wreaks up the place but thankfully I have a big shop fan. The Blackstone UOA results for the engine today shows it's holding up well so that's good.

A vented hood would be nice to help rid the heat. I don't remember reading any issues from the vent thread years ago with people having any rain/rust/sensor issues from it.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
Just passed 100k miles recently too Red so I changed the 30k mile old 75w90 Redline diff fluid for myself the first time. Dealer had the bolts so tight I had to impact them off. Hand pump from Oreilly auto gave me a lot of grief putting new fluid in from under the car instead of the trunk method but I finally got it done. I don't care for how that diff fluid wreaks up the place but thankfully I have a big shop fan.
I just did mine last Saturday since the car just hit 60K, hate how it smells. The through the trunk method is the way to go for the quickest no hassle way to do it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
IM sounds like you may have used a fluid pump through the trunk instead of a funnel since doing so takes awhile to pour. I'll try the trunk route next time. Either way it feels satisfying learning how to work on this car myself knowing the job is done right, plus saving money by not paying the dealer to do it and possibly mess the car up in the process as has happened many times over the years with different cars. Having more money available to fix things with the house, tractor, mower ect is good. Wish it could go toward a vacation but C'est la vie.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
IM sounds like you may have used a fluid pump through the trunk instead of a funnel since doing so takes awhile to pour.
Nope, used an old school funnel with a hose, it does take a while to pour but that's really the worst part of it, just take your time so you don't spill a bunch of it in your trunk (which I did the first time I changed it at 30K).

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Have one of the hose companies make you a real short 'S'-curve 4" wrapped silicone coupler with a 1" offset to drop the feed immediately after the throttle body. Should put the new pickup just 8" or so further forward at about the original position. Might negatively impact the CAI's flow a tiny bit, but it should work.
I really do not want to mess with my custom 4 inch CAI system as it is a very well thought out system . Might just clearance the vent for the needed clearance .Lacking about a 1/2 inch to make the 1 inch phenolic spacer work .

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,055 Posts
I really do not want to mess with my custom 4 inch CAI system as it is a very well thought out system . Might just clearance the vent for the needed clearance .Lacking about a 1/2 inch to make the 1 inch phenolic spacer work .
Hmmm, well, I understand. Even a minimal 1" offset could damage the performance of an optimized system.

·
docmarc1
63 Posts
I got vents from Shark I yr ago worked fine, removed the heat shield under hood and opened up the false vents in the front grill area too. Engine stays nice n cool all the time and removed the big OEM window washing fluid reservoir in front and now my Injen Short Ram is now a CAI.
Added a MagnaFlow CatBack, and Catch Can.

Here is my question for those of you that are obviously more mechanically inclined then I. TOmorrow I am taking my 3.8 GT 2013 in to the show to get ALL the fluids replaced...Trans, Brake, Steering, Coolant, Oil, Rear Diff, Power Steering Fluids.....I bought it a year ago with 30K on it and now its 45K ...the dealership likely just topped off the fluids.

ANy of these fluids best FLUSHED, or just changed, at this mileage??

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is a heavily damaged G80 in the scrapyard, the steering wheel emblem is intact. Thinking about trying to make it fit instead of the fake Gencoupe logo thingy I have on the steering wheel right now. Not sure if there is a way i can fit it there tho:|

·
Registered
160 Posts
- Turned all rotors,
The rear was very noisy, now warp (i was bellow 0.035 mm) but the surfaces ware just bad

These rotors still have some life left in them but front will need to be change after i get the pads down to service limit.

- Set the parking brakes

- Removed Dynojet CMD unit for now, need to build new bracket as the spot over the turbo is just to hot

So .. general maintenance, next in line is CMD bracket and timing chain

·
docmarc1
63 Posts
Very odd.......out for a drive tearin up the asphalt then at red light, accelerated and wouldn’t get out of first gear! Stopped and turned off. Restarted and workin fine. Bad fuel filter? Air sensor??

9741 - 9760 of 10021 Posts