Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

9861 - 9880 of 10021 Posts

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,055 Posts
Pulled drivers side tail light due to condensation. When I got it out I bet I poured out 4-6 ounces of water. Drilled small hole in bottom v-shape area to get rest of water out.

Then dried it out with hairdryer, applied silicone all around outer edge and re-installed. That’s when I saw the gaping hole that existed between the tail light splash guard and the side of the car.

Rain channel from trunk was just pouring water down on top of the light. Found some rubber trim and filled the gap.

Hopefully problem is solved. Big rain shower expected tonight/tomorrow so will be good test to see if it hold up now.
Hahahah, This problem has been plaguing many GC owners. If your problem persists, let me know. I'm about to put my stock perfectly functional always garaged tail lamps in pillowcases and up in my storage loft. The original stock bulbs inside still work, lol. They could use a good home. Only serious blemish is that some of the chrome plating is beginning to flake off inside the driver side unit. strange... :dunno:

·
NOOB
161 Posts
Installed Diode Dynamics switchback LED turn signals, and SLF-model LED fog lights. Lowbeams next. Can't wait to get all this exterior **** done so I can take her to get detailed. Also opened up the OEM fog bezel on the passenger side to give my new CAI some breathing room.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Deposited the insurance check for my R-Spec that is no more. Rain and high speeds are not always a good mix, especially with no downforce.

I loved the car but I’m not going to go back down the same road, so it’s looking right now like a Genesis 5.0 sedan could be my next project. (I’m already researching wheels and springs.)

I’m grateful to all who shared their knowledge and love for the platform, it was a great help to me over the years, and will be to new owners as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
No pics of my now gone 2010 2.0 R-Spec, but like L8Braker I have deposited the check for same. Went to 2016 Genesis 3.8 sedan, loving it. Thanks to all for the great ideas and pics over the years. :sad:

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,055 Posts
DOUBLE SAD!!! Sorry guys, glad you lived to tell the tale and I hope you enjoy the new rides!

I'll add to the bummer-fest, though. Yesterday, I had just two tasks left from my giant list above. The home stretch. Then, as I was raising the front suspension, the fitting to the external reservoir broke because I forgot to relieve the stress from its mounting bracket. Foolish expensive mistake...

On the bright side, it really was nearing time to rebuild them. The scoring on the front rods needs to be polished out, the hoses to the rear external reservoirs need to be replaced and reworked, and I would wager the valve shims are somewhat fatigued all around. I also wanted true rear coilovers and swift springs, which aren't available from BC. So I went ahead and plonked down the cash for a new set of Feal 442s. Bigger and better things, boys and girls et al.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Repainted my front lip. Once cures, will be wrapping center in CF vinyl - to match my CF grill.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
4.181:1 gear and new LSD installed along with reinforced subframe .Also coolerworx billet shifter assy installed and adjusted (nice piece,LIKE MY 1ST GIRLFRIEND >:D).

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
4.181:1 gear and new LSD installed along with reinforced subframe .Also coolerworx billet shifter assy installed and adjusted (nice piece,LIKE MY 1ST GIRLFRIEND >:D).
How do you like 4.1 rear. Is 1st gear even useful /hooks on the street?

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
How do you like 4.1 rear. Is 1st gear even useful /hooks on the street?

Did a test hit,not bad.With RE71r 285-35-19's it lights them up but its Ok because I can controll the spinner with pedalling (controlling my throttle input) , I have wider/softer NITTO NT01 305 35 18's and 11x18 rims(rims back order) on the way, it should be ok .Have not test with Nitrous yet .Going on a cruise tomorrow for 7 days so when I get back I will be setting the car up then .Been busy also building a couple of custom 3-gun style AR 15 and 2 custom pistols, so I have a lot sorting items out when I return .
The coolerworx billet shifter is outstanding for precise fast shifting.See you guys in a week .Wife not too happy with my busy body mentality so I bought her a new 4x4 pick up truck (got 1 for myself too :grin:),got a new roof for our 12 year old house (stupid),paid daughter's car off and now taking the whole family on a cruise , But when I get back I will get back to being myself in my "CAVE/Laboratory" building $h!t .Is how I relax AND NON OF THE WOMAN FOLK CAN SAY A DAMN THING >:D,

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Put my freshly repainted lip on. Need to stay back from the cars in front of me in the future.
Using my ramping down driway to gain front end clearance for install of screws.
#potatophone

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed intake manifold riser, was skeptical but i saw so many people who had it say it helped make more power so i went for it, at first after start up the car felt sluggish and like it did before i got my alphaspeed tune, but after some driving around running errands it began to come alive and as it adjusted to it i could feel a little bit, if nothing else i feel like it gave more torque because the engine sounded much more aggressive and after the car adjusted it pulled hard again, definitely need a retune to see if there are a few more ponies to get out of it, but so far feels good, feels like it moved the power and up more top end

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is why I like this community. I come to a thread looking for some pics and wha-da-ya-know I find nice pics and life hacks. The Gen looks amazing. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Installed intake manifold riser, was skeptical but i saw so many people who had it say it helped make more power so i went for it, at first after start up the car felt sluggish and like it did before i got my alphaspeed tune, but after some driving around running errands it began to come alive and as it adjusted to it i could feel a little bit, if nothing else i feel like it gave more torque because the engine sounded much more aggressive and after the car adjusted it pulled hard again, definitely need a retune to see if there are a few more ponies to get out of it, but so far feels good, feels like it moved the power and up more top end
Riser only gains power at mid range -per dyno by 3point8performance.
Car will not run full power until oil temp is 150 deg., but I am sure car had to adjust fuel trims.
If you had custom tune done before, deffinatly need to redo it. Proper custom tuning can only be done with a/f reading expecialy with a riser. Make sure you have A/F gauge or use dyno for custom tuning, otherwise its waist of money.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
When I get back I will get back to being myself in my "CAVE/Laboratory" building $h!t .Is how I relax AND NON OF THE WOMAN FOLK CAN SAY A DAMN THING >:D,
Back from family vacation Cruise , hope to get back on the Gen Coupe when the temp drops a bit here in Houston , maybe around the end of October .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Back from family vacation Cruise , hope to get back on the Gen Coupe when the temp drops a bit here in Houston , maybe around the end of October .
Did you go on one of the cruises with the "hairy chest contest?" I was reading up about those and I bet it's funny as hell to see in person hahah.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Did you go on one of the cruises with the "hairy chest contest?" I was reading up about those and I bet it's funny as hell to see in person hahah.
Yes,it was the Carnival Freedom Cruise ship. I was leaving the gym and heading back to my room when the contest began , I didn't stay for the " Chewbacca " contest as it was called .As I was walking by it seemed everyone was enjoying themselves .

9861 - 9880 of 10021 Posts