Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

10001 - 10020 of 10025 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Installed a XS Power D925 lightweight battery (23.53 lbs) . 15 lbs lighter than the OEM battery . Made custom mounting wear .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Friday was Charity/Holiday Laps at VIR. Had three sessions around the track and road along in a hot-lap with a professional driver. It is amazing what someone can do when they master their car.

Glad the rain held up. Seems it stuck to North Carolina, but it was still cold and windy. Was definitely a smaller crowd than last year.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just got some all season tires. Shop did a good job mounting and balancing. But there was this god awful noise coming from the driver front wheel. Sounded like a mix between suspension rub, creaking, brake dragging, etc. Popped a jack under there and 2 lug nuts were loose, 1 was so loose I could spin it off with my fingers, and only 2 were actually tight. It’s sad when you have to double check a shops work. Now I don’t know whether to raise hell or just let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd let the manager know so he can remind his crew to pay attention as they were likely yapping and laughing instead of paying attention to have done that because if you hadn't checked that then it could have turned into a dangerous situation. Do you have a larger picture of your avy to post here?

Yesterday the CEL turned on with code PO430 cat converter below threshold bank 2. Checked the Injen SRI and found the dealer mechanic had not tightened the clamp correctly causing an air leak so I fixed that and got the parts store to clear the CEL. 100 miles later all is well. Likely saved hundreds not taking it to the dealer to diagnose and install a cat converter or o2 sensor that wasn't even needed.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
758 Posts
Just ordered AirLift for it cause of Black Friday sales.................. hehe

·
758 Posts
Can you share a link to the sale?
It's the first thing you see when you visit the AirLift Performance site for 25% off. You have to order through an authorized dealer though (I went through BagRiders.com)

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
Put a 6 LED strip in for a backup lamp. It is ran off a two relay system in the trunk. One relay comes on with the taillights and then that feeds power to the strip LED relay triggered by the backup lamps.

I had a slim halogen before and took it off because it hung too low. This one is only about an inch thick mounted. Lights it up pretty good. Still sucks with tinted windows though. I also have some higher power LEDs for backup lamps in the taillights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Put a 6 LED strip in for a backup lamp. It is ran off a two relay system in the trunk. One relay comes on with the taillights and then that feeds power to the strip LED relay triggered by the backup lamps.

I had a slim halogen before and took it off because it hung too low. This one is only about an inch thick mounted. Lights it up pretty good. Still sucks with tinted windows though. I also have some higher power LEDs fro the taillights.

Looks good! If you’re looking for better visibility I threw in a $12 backup camera off eBay. Had it’s own weak led’s but low light visibility was shockingly good, would probably just stay in full daytime mode with the amount of light you’ve got

·
Registered
25 Posts
Super petty little thing but I swapped my head unit and had seen some posts on here from years ago with cutouts from sixspeedgraphix. They’re not selling them anymore so after a while I caved in and had one made and yeah, it cost way more than a sticker should, but the swap looks finished and I love the way it turned out. $30 of it was having the artwork done from scratch so if anyone else like me is looking for one just message me and I’ll send the art proofs.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks good! If you’re looking for better visibility I threw in a $12 backup camera off eBay. Had it’s own weak led’s but low light visibility was shockingly good, would probably just stay in full daytime mode with the amount of light you’ve got
I have a 2015 Ultimate which includes NAV. Anyone know if I can add the camera to mine without replacing the stock head unit? That would be a really nice add-on if it's easy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2015 Ultimate which includes NAV. Anyone know if I can add the camera to mine without replacing the stock head unit? That would be a really nice add-on if it's easy.
I know the ones in CAN can with a backup camera. I have a 2013 Track. I would also love to have a backup camera, especially with my very dark tint at night.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Theres a thread here somewhere where someone discovered you disconect a ground wire on the plug in to the head unit to enable the camera feature to turn on the screen when in reverse. Then another wire to connect the camers input to. I think the thread was either in the interior or electrical section.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm not a fan of the louvres, gives the Ford twerps a reason to say you're imitating. To each their own...
The new interest in louvres makes me laugh. Partly because of the old saying, “everything that was old is new again”, and partly because I had a set on my first car, a ‘74 Mercury Capri II 2.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
758 Posts
Getting the trunk prepped for AirLift. I have to say I'm surprised my little project turned out so well. Placed this trunk floor in earlier and boy was it heavy!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I also have some higher power LEDs for backup lamps in the taillights.
I got those listed in my sig years ago. If there are brighter ones than those available now I'd sure like to know about them. With my tinted windows it's still hard to see the driveway at night despite the upgrade.

Looks good! If you’re looking for better visibility I threw in a $12 backup camera off eBay.
Does it show in your rear view mirror or nav screen? I've only heard of the rear view mirror option which seems like it would be too small to be of much use.

10001 - 10020 of 10025 Posts