Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

10021 - 10040 of 10044 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The new interest in louvres makes me laugh. Partly because of the old saying, “everything that was old is new again”, and partly because I had a set on my first car, a ‘74 Mercury Capri II 2.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally now days louvres look tacky just like over cambered wheels, but kids need to spend money on something

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not a fan of the louvres, gives the Ford twerps a reason to say you're imitating. To each their own... Today, I ripped off all my aftermarket parts and traded the beast in for a 2020 Tacoma. Holler if you want to peruse my wares...
Do you by chance still have any of your aftermarket parts left? Looking to start prepping my r spec for the coming track season

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sure do. PM me and we can chat!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got rid of the 19" rims the previous owner installed (Yikes! Yellow) for a nice set of 5-spoke 20" inch rims (9/10" staggered) wrapped in 245/30 front 275/30 rear rubber. Stock suspension.
20190417_185901.jpg
20190425_184815.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
After timing chain job i had constatn airbag warning light on
this was due to starting the motor with front impact sensors disconnected

So to remedy this i goten Aliexpress VCI - GDS clone and got this codes cleaned out today
I have to say the capabilities of GDS are quite fascinating

There are downfalls though as clone cant get the ECU / TCU update flashed as the head unit needs to connect to internet and all clones 'ID' numbers are blacklisted by Hyundai.

Still this is one of best spent 100$ on genesis so far.

Youtyoube link:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't know but it must be able to communicate with something else other than the OBDII port stuff. Do you have a dedicated laptop?
Yes I'm running this on completely separate / designated machine (not in VM - plain windows 7 install you can check on attached video)

Ill check tomorrow if i can get anything more- but as said, i was able to access gearbox and other modules seems only thing I'm missing is the flashing.

Maybe key coding, immo module?
I remember i got a communication error when trying to connect to Immo module - so maybe that will need the other connector?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I tried key coding through OBD and got as far as call Hyundai Corp for a pass code screen.
Well i did check the plug under the hood and i cant get any connection through it
I suspect the China made connector pin out is incorrect

This is fun though, seems the GDS instal has a BK 2 rom... per GDS it matches BK1 ECU...
I wont try it + don''t want to brick any thing... But Maybe there is a folder where the roms are stored

If this clone would allow to flash custom files or just re-flash same rom over old one..

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,372 Posts
I would want to know what is being changed in an update before doing that. About the only complaint I have is with the electronic throttle as it has been enlarged and I get a cold engine bog. I should look around and see if there is a calibration for it somewhere.

·
Registered
78 Posts
10021 - 10040 of 10044 Posts