Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

10081 - 10100 of 10147 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks great! I have the same steering wheel, but with blue on the stripe and stitching.
Ohh nice! You got any pictures of it with the blue?

·
Registered
954 Posts
That looks great. The knob looks awesome too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just got a CF shift knob for my 15 ATX. It doesn't seem to want to slide all the way down to go into the hole for the cover. The CF on the shaft made it a little to thick to fit. Did you run into this?

ominousone

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got a CF shift knob for my 15 ATX. It doesn't seem to want to slide all the way down to go into the hole for the cover. The CF on the shaft made it a little to thick to fit. Did you run into this?

ominousone
No. The only issue I had was with the screw that holds it in place. It didn't want to fit in the hole because of the leather. Everything else was fine. Mine was made from a Hyundai stock shifter and wrapped with the CF and leather.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Today we brought ours to the dealer. Have a few drivers side running light LED's that are out. It is under factory warranty for another month so I wanted to get this done. Bought the car 11 months ago and it was not factory certified so we only get the 5/60 warranty.

They had to do the inspection to make sure there was no damage that would cause them to be out or if anything else would cause it. Found out it will be covered and they have ordered the parts.
What I was shocked to hear was that it is an aftermarket front bumper and all of the lights have been modified/replaced except the LED running lights. I knew we had the LED halo's and Morimoto XBT controller for them, but I didn't know the rest if it was aftermarket as well.

I emailed the dealer that did the services early on to see if they will forward my info to the old owner. I would like to fully understand what all they did as they spent a good amount on the lighting as well as the other aftermarket bits (the steering wheel, Gosher blind spot monitoring system and AEM cold air intake. Hopefully the dealer passes the info on and the owner doesn't mind contacting me.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
802 Posts
Got the AirLift installed :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed a set of braided stainless steel brake hoses and filled the system with DOT 5.1 fluid. That stuff is great. I took it out for a test drive and did maybe a dozen stops hard enough to get the ABS working. Brakes were hot enough to smell but no fade that I noticed.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
How hard was it to get that plastic cover off?

That looks cool, how hard was it to install?
Not hard at all there are quite a few video out on youtube to help you get the bumper off. now i had to use a dremel to remove the plastic in the middle. overall with glue cure time about 30 hours. 24 of which was waiting on glue.

Attachments

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,098 Posts
Got some 2" black Delrin rod into the shop today to start making non-burning shift knobs for the Coolerworx chassis shifter. I'll update when I have a mock-up made.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time but I've been keeping an eye on the forum. Did a few things in recent months:

• Installed DBA rotors front and rear with their street pads, brakes are solid but their street pads are a little soft for my taste, may swap them at some point
  • Snapped another 2011+ endlink mount on my PSM front coilovers, the passenger side this time (now broken on both sides) so I'm back to using the 2010 endlinks for now...
  • Wore out my rear Pilot Sport 4S's in exactly the 15,000 warrantied miles they have on staggered setups, so got new ones put on right before stay at home started for me
Things I'm pondering doing:

• How long am I keeping this thing? I'm getting to 8 years and 70,000 miles soon, it's been paid off for 3 years, should I just keep it as a hobby car and buy another car as a daily?
  • If I'm keeping it custom tuning it finally but I want to do a valve cleaning and spark plugs before I do, and maybe revert to the factory airbox with relocated temp sensor
  • Ditching the coilovers and going Bilstein/springs instead since the roads here keep beating the **** out of the car

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: coil overs

It’s odd you want to go back to springs, as my suspension reacted better to daily driving with coils. More travel, and more adjustments. Plus ride height control.

But then I’m in FL, where everything is flaaaaaaaaaatt.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
Terrible roads here in Houston, the PSM Pros have linear springs, and the maintenance of coilovers is a pain. Springs and shocks would still handle great, maybe better, and fewer moving parts/things to break.

·
Registered
978 Posts
++++3 on the Bilsteins,...do front struts and rear. Do 3.8's bushing shims and rigid collars. Coilovers my ass. Then you can kiss your endink problems goodbye.You and your car will love you for it.
Keep it,............Go big, go turbo and meth, it will self clean, and stay clean.

The suspension stuff together, car is a frigging slot car.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,098 Posts
Terrible roads here in Houston, the PSM Pros have linear springs, and the maintenance of coilovers is a pain. Springs and shocks would still handle great, maybe better, and fewer moving parts/things to break.
Bilstein B14 coilovers? Hahaha, always the middle ground.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
++++3 on the Bilsteins,...do front struts and rear. Do 3.8's bushing shims and rigid collars. Coilovers my ass. Then you can kiss your endink problems goodbye.You and your car will love you for it.
Keep it,............Go big, go turbo and meth, it will self clean, and stay clean.

The suspension stuff together, car is a frigging slot car.
Didn't know about the shims, thanks for mentioning, I'll add them to the list, I already have collars.

Bilstein B14 coilovers? Hahaha, always the middle ground.
Maybe, I just really don't want the hassle of adjusting them or frozen threads, I had to completely replace a shock body and lower bracket on a rear coilover due to it freezing when I needed to change the ride height. An hour project took two weeks and complete disassembly of one corner of the car to fix. The new parts went on with a ton of anti seize.

10081 - 10100 of 10147 Posts