Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

10101 - 10120 of 10273 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
When you do whatever rear work you do, buy some CERMA high temp lithium grease. Seize my ass. This stuff wont let turbo studs/exhaust manifold sieze. That crap is light work. Its great to use on slide pins and back of any brake pads. Never dries out.
I use it in my jet boat implellers underwater and it doesnt go away/move. Great ****.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,108 Posts
...Maybe, I just really don't want the hassle of adjusting them or frozen threads, I had to completely replace a shock body and lower bracket on a rear coilover due to it freezing when I needed to change the ride height. An hour project took two weeks and complete disassembly of one corner of the car to fix. The new parts went on with a ton of anti seize.
I hear that. I live in my west coast Ivory Tower where 15 year old tein's are just a PB blast away from adjustment. The concerns you have might be mitigated by the fact that the Bilsteins are anti corrosion plated steel, not painted or anodized aluminum. Better than nothing. That being said, still not as good as the stainless KW's with their composite collars.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,108 Posts
As long as the car still holds your intrest id say keep it. Its paied for and theres not much on the market anywhere close in price thats as fun as the Gcoupe.
I keep coming back to this same problem. This is the only modern, manual, sporty, long haul capable, easy to drive, affordable coupe I could see out of. Everything else gets too hard to work on(MR2, Evora?) or way too expensive(Alfa Romeo, Evora, Cayman). I'd definitely make an exception for a cool restomod, and I plan to have one in the distant future, but I haven't driven a car that I would trade the Genesis for.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I keep coming back to this same problem. This is the only modern, manual, sporty, long haul capable, easy to drive, affordable coupe I could see out of. Everything else gets too hard to work on(MR2, Evora?) or way too expensive(Alfa Romeo, Evora, Cayman). I'd definitely make an exception for a cool restomod, and I plan to have one in the distant future, but I haven't driven a car that I would trade the Genesis for.
  • Its funny you mentioned the Lotus Evora, back in 2014 i almost purchaced a red one, used with 5K miles on it for $50K. Then i discovered the genesis coupe ultimate, new for $32K. I never intended to do any type of organized racing and the coupe was way more user friendly and practical for the real world, more fun for what i was looking for at a much lower price.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,108 Posts
Yeah, I've driven a couple, even the new 400 and 410. They're easily my favorite handling car, and the performance is exactly the style I like, but I just can't see doing the maintenance, or any real work on one. And I'm kinda a big fat guy which really kills it. It just isn't a user friendly car, even if it is reasonably comfortable, with meh cargo capacity. The fact that the underbody panels are sealed on alone is enough to keep me away. Need to be rich and unafraid to spend for toys like that.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,889 Posts
While rotating my back tires I notice the right rear was floppy like a bad bearing. Looking closer it was the upper control arm bolt at the body was quite loose. This has loosened up before per my alignment guy and the right rear has always worn more that the left rear. So I used some loctitie on it this time. The OE lock nut must not be up to the job for me here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I discovered a fault with my windshield wiper motor today. Luckily I'm still covered under the 5/60,000 Warrantee. I'll keep everyone posted on how this goes....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Right here. I went with silver but ordered another set in red in case i want to change it up. I think they go well with my C.F./leather steering wheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Right here. I went with silver but ordered another set in red in case i want to change it up. I think they go well with my C.F./leather steering wheel.
Not all that expensive either. Good find! How difficult was the install/swap?

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
788 Posts
I assume that these will not work on 2012s and earlier? I searched and could not find any others for GenCoupes.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Im not sure if the stock paddles are shaped diffrently on the BK1 vs BK2. These just attach over the stock plastic paddles. If the paddles are the same, or at least close they would proably work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im not sure if the stock paddles are shaped diffrently on the BK1 vs BK2. These just attach over the stock plastic paddles. If the paddles are the same, or at least close they would proably work.
Got any pictures of the before/after for good comparison? Can you still see the original and how much further out do these protrude?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
They definitely stick out further in all directions than stock, at most mabey 1 inch at the top is where you see them the most. Yes you still see the top of the origional plastic paddle. I could just cut the portion showing off, but i dont feel like cutting up my origionals. (Yet).😁

10101 - 10120 of 10273 Posts