Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

10241 - 10260 of 10270 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,089 Posts
BTW, I was looking at a different web site (the parent site maybe) and could not do it. Went and Googled "Myundai Map n soft and got to the correct page: Mapcare | Home page

Placed my order and will see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

Use this link: Mapcare | Home page

NOT: HYUNDAI MNSOFT Homepage

Looks like it will have some nice updates as well.
Thanks for the direct link, just ordered mine, bought the car 8 years ago and never updated it because $175 or whatever the usually charge is bullshit so looking forward to whatever improvements it brings.

Also, I installed my SFR TCU tune today, looking forward to putting it through it's paces...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Added a rear diffuser that I finally found that I like.
Walker style. Black.

Secondary cat deletes
With Ark h pipe I found very cheap and NEW. Cheaper than if I bought just regular test pipes

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
788 Posts
Today, I detailed the crap out of my car. Literally. It had so much garbage on the floor in the back, and tree schmuck on the outside. I was beginning to think there was a Ford hidden under it all! LOL Looks like new again!

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
788 Posts
I wonder if mine is just replace the sd card in the slot because thats all the dealer did when i bought the car, i guess I'll find out.
Just checking back...Did you get your Nav updated OK?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Pulled my front stance coilovers to send them out for rebuilt/revalve. Going to run 7k swift springs instead of 6k.
Good to have spare OEM set on hand, car will be going into storage with raised front end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just checking back...Did you get your Nav updated OK?
They sent me a new SD card to replace the original one but the instructions were pretty clear that replacing it will wipe out any previously saved info like my downloaded music which I really don't feel like dealing with, so the new SD card sits in my toolbox in case I ever really feel the need to install it.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
788 Posts
They sent me a new SD card to replace the original one but the instructions were pretty clear that replacing it will wipe out any previously saved info like my downloaded music which I really don't feel like dealing with, so the new SD card sits in my toolbox in case I ever really feel the need to install it.
Bummer. I thought for sure they all downloaded to the USB port, and it was Nav only.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,889 Posts
Rebuilt the Forge BOV today. This is my second rebuild in 100k miles or so. Had a nice groove worn in the piston. And the orings all hard and flat.

Took the PS reservoir off this time. Came off very easy by squeezing the white plastic tab with a needle nose and pulling it off the holder. Then moved out out of the way!

Only $17 for the kit. Has 5 orings, piston and grease. FMDVSK-HGA

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not necessarily what I did today but this is what I did previously.
Looks like fun! A buddy of mine has done AutoX with Civic's. He said it's great because it is you vs the track (clock) instead of being out against others at the same time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like fun! A buddy of mine has done AutoX with Civic's. He said it's great because it is you vs the track (clock) instead of being out against others at the same time.
It is a lot of fun! You get to learn about the car and yourself behind the wheel which is great. I always leave with a smile on my face at the end of the day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is a lot of fun! You get to learn about the car and yourself behind the wheel which is great. I always leave with a smile on my face at the end of the day.
Does it eat up the tires pretty good?
I assume you have a 2.0 turbo by the sound?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does it eat up the tires pretty good?
I assume you have a 2.0 turbo by the sound?
Well, I guess it depends on the tire and alignment setup. Firehawk Indy500 is what I was using. To give you an idea of tire wear, that tire has seen about 6 autoX events, 1 circuit day, and 1 track sprint event. On top of that, it’s seen about 9k commuting miles. I currently have about 5/32nd of tread left in the rear. If it was a softer tire, I probably would have scrapped them already. And yes, it’s a 2.0 lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I guess it depends on the tire and alignment setup. Firehawk Indy500 is what I was using. To give you an idea of tire wear, that tire has seen about 6 autoX events, 1 circuit day, and 1 track sprint event. On top of that, it’s seen about 9k commuting miles. I currently have about 5/32nd of tread left in the rear. If it was a softer tire, I probably would have scrapped them already. And yes, it’s a 2.0 lol.
Stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires and the rears are at 1/8" tread depth on the inside and ~1/16" on the outside. About 19k miles.

Time to start tire shopping.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires and the rears are at 1/8" tread depth on the inside and ~1/16" on the outside. About 19k miles.

Time to start tire shopping.
If you want lite grippy tire, look into Continental extremecontact sport. Runner up would be Michelin super sport.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Advenio Pariter
3,879 Posts
With the long weekend:
Today I replaced the rear shocks and serpentine belt on my wife's Elantra GT.
Tomorrow the Genesis gets an oil change and winter tires put on.
Saturday the N gets and oil change and a wash. Then I will treat the gas, top it off and up on jack stands she goes for the winter. :( I will be installing rigid collars on her over the winter.
I love long weekends!

Reactions: BluTuna

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you want lite grippy tire, look into Continental extremecontact sport. Runner up would be Michelin super sport.

The best tires to get without going to track tires: https://www.michelinman.com/tires/pilot/pilot-sport-4s.html

The quality and safety is worth the price. Less expensive than a hospital stay.
Thanks for the reccomendations to you both.
Looking on Tire Rack, the Pilot Sport 4S is $1040 for a set, Extremecontact sport's are $885. Not that much difference, but the Pilot Sport 4S is rated #1 in the tires in the category for our cars vs #3 and the Would You Recommend, Comfort Performance and Treadwear Performance are all ranked higher.

I didn't see Michelin Super Sport's in the list.

10241 - 10260 of 10270 Posts