Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

10281 - 10300 of 10312 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It was early in the month but I had the Warm up Catalytic Converter replaced on extended warrantee, about a $3,000 job and at the same time they found my 7-8 year old original factory battery needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm in MD and it's been every few days snowing.so i feel ya.

·
Premium Member
15,927 Posts
What i've been doing...

Made this loosely based off a kia stinger manifold.
Some flow test sim shots

Here, checking for any significant pressure variations between the inner and outer runners, on different velocities, inside the manifold.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered tires through Tire Rack. Tried to get them locally but they could only get the rear tires. Tire Rack has all 4 in stock and they will be delivered to the same place I was trying to get them locally from so they can install them.

Went with the Pilot 4S.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,104 Posts
No one is working on the car while stuck at home in the weather and pandemic??

Not today but my recent push to "finish" the car had me doing the following:

• Put in new spark plugs
  • Installed 3Point8 manifold riser
  • Got a custom road tune from 3Point8 and Alphaspeed
  • Installed 3Point8 rear subframe bushing shims
  • Ditched the PSM Pro coilovers and went with Eibach Sportline springs and Bilstein B8 dampers
  • Replaced all of the strap clamps on my exhaust to address some small leaks at the slip joints
  • Replaced driver side fog light because the LED DRLs went out, I've now replaced both sides for this reason
  • Fixed my Fazer grille while the bumper cover was off

This weekend I'm going to tweak my adjustable front endlinks and then go get a custom alignment next week...

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,200 Posts
I'm still snowed out of work. It should all be gone after this weekend. I have some new gauges to replace the ones I now have. Got some Glowsport digitals to replace the Prosport ones I now have. The Prosport ones the LED elements keep burning out and they no longer sell replacements. They said I have to buy all new kits so forget about it. They only last about 3 years before they start to lose elements. Hope the Glowshits aren't similar.

·
Premium Member
15,927 Posts
Bought some intake runners from another hyundai engine, that might fit the theta, to go along with the manifold I posted earlier.
Have to wait until next week to see if they fit. If it doesn't, at least the fuel rail is usable.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I'm still snowed out of work. It should all be gone after this weekend. I have some new gauges to replace the ones I now have. Got some Glowsport digitals to replace the Prosport ones I now have. The Prosport ones the LED elements keep burning out and they no longer sell replacements. They said I have to buy all new kits so forget about it. They only last about 3 years before they start to lose elements. Hope the Glowshits aren't similar.
Same happened to mine, the blue led are barely lit. I replaced them with Max Tow performance and they have been holding up nice

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oil change today and then drove to the tire shop to leave it for the night and pick up tomorrow.

I turned down the throttle settings on the TROS down to HA1 as I was driving over and was shocked at how much of a difference it made. I have not touched it since I first installed it, so it was fun to see that. Will push it back up once I get it back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oil change today and then drove to the tire shop to leave it for the night and pick up tomorrow.

I turned down the throttle settings on the TROS down to HA1 as I was driving over and was shocked at how much of a difference it made. I have not touched it since I first installed it, so it was fun to see that. Will push it back up once I get it back.
I ordered my tros just waiting for it to arrive I have a 13’ 3.8 trac A/T what setting would u recommend?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered my tros just waiting for it to arrive I have a 13’ 3.8 trac A/T what setting would u recommend?
Start with the HA1 and bump it up. I settled on HA6 and it is jumpy off the line and the initial throttle response is WAY better than stock. It takes some getting used to as barely touching the pedal will get you moving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Start with the HA1 and bump it up. I settled on HA6 and it is jumpy off the line and the initial throttle response is WAY better than stock. It takes some getting used to as barely touching the pedal will get you moving.
Will do.. thanks ill post something later on once it arrives

·
Registered
118 Posts
Will do.. thanks ill post something later on once it arrives
BTW, if you don't want to mount it somewhere for easy adjustment, but want to set it and forget it, you can always do what I did and tuck it in here:

Nobody knows it's there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is anyone aware of any means to change (increase) throttle pressure on the pedal. I have neuropathy -feets going numb that would benefit from added resistance .

·
153 Posts
Is anyone aware of any means to change (increase) throttle pressure on the pedal. I have neuropathy -feets going numb that would benefit from added resistance .
Honda fit people do this, but our pedal is floor mounted so I don't think it will work :/

10281 - 10300 of 10312 Posts