Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
10341 - 10360 of 10373 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Nope, ESR RF2's in 19X8.5 +30 front with Firehawk's in 245 35 19, and 19X9.5 +35, with 265 35 19 rears. They fit perfectly for my taste, (not quite flush but close) no spacers and no rub.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,583 Posts
I put in a small LCD outside temp gauge yesterday. Lost the dash one with a audio change. Don't know if I'll keep it as I usually have Torque running with the air temp displayed. Mainly for the winter beater.

But it is dead on with the factory one, taking into account the factory is a plastic encased sensor and this one is metal. It reacts faster. And the OE ECU is using Celsius whole numbers so a true Fahrenheit reading is displayed instead of a C to F conversion which gives you 1*C=1.8*F.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,982 Posts
I traded my Gen Coupe today along with my wife's Elantra GT. We pickup her new GV70 next Wednesday. It does have the 3.5T, which she does not need, but should provide me with some entertainment. I still have my Veloster N, of course.

Reactions: tscoupe

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got home from a cross country trip (flew) and decided to put the battery tender on it. It would say charging and then would eventually flash green and red, which isn't good. Unhooked it, then hooked it back up and it did the same thing. Tried to drive it and no reaction at all when hitting the start button.
Pulled the battery and it is a Ford battery that is under 3 years old, but the dealer was closed for the day on Friday. Called the dealer Saturday and the parts department was only open until 11am and it was 11:30.
Put the tender on the battery while it was on the workbench and it seems to be charging. It now says 12.6v and is still charging. I will get it tested to ensure it is still good but it looks like it may be o.k. I wonder if there is a voltage leak to drain it so bad? The previous owner did put in blind spot sensors and maybe that is doing something?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Three years, give or take is about all I usually get out of car batteries here in the desert southwest. Could be a shorted cell due to a warped or disintegrated plate inside one cell of the battery. If it will take a charge then charge it up and test it, or just let it sit for a day or two disconnected from the car, if it goes dead again then it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It took a charge, so I brought it to AutoZone to have it tested and it came up saying it had bad cells and needs to be replaced. I will go by Ford tomorrow to see if they will honor the 3-year full replacement even though I didn't buy the battery.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It took a charge, so I brought it to AutoZone to have it tested and it came up saying it had bad cells and needs to be replaced. I will go by Ford tomorrow to see if they will honor the 3-year full replacement even though I didn't buy the battery.
Dollars to doughnuts they will ask for the receipt for said battery :rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
If they do, that's fine. I don't have it since I didn't buy it, but I will leave and go to Costco to get a replacement. I figure it is worth a shot. It is under 36 months per the date on the battery.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
457 Posts
Used a gtech 701A to check my 0-60 for the first time ever - 4.77 secs launched at 2300 rpm. Was going to try different Rpm's to see if i could get better time since that was my very first try. But....it started raining on me. TC was off. Same rpm and TC on was 5.36

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Premium
51 Posts
Saturday I installed a 20" slim light bar in the lower grill. I do a lot of night time and wanted more light. I've upgraded my high beams to led but they aren't much better than my lows (OEM HID's)
Tucked away nicely, barely noticeable but adds the extra light I was looking for.
Sky Daytime Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: tscoupe

·
163 Posts
Swapped IAT sensor with a fast acting sensor.
Is it instantly fast to report temp changes in Torque? Nope.
Is it noticeable faster compared to before? Yes.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What is a Genesis N?

·
Registered
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Premium
51 Posts
It's mine, I wanted an emblem so I put N in the grill.

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got a discount the other day and installed Diode Dynamics 6000K SLF 780 lumens LED fog lights to match my DD 6k HID bulbs. Looks so much better than those oem bulbs and a much better cast to the ditches too.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
BTW, yes, they asked and I didn't have, so to Costco I went. They didn't have any of the correct size, but told me another location 20 minutes ago had 21 in stock. The following day I made it over there and got the last one. They said the 124R size is one that not everyone gets for some reason, but it is very common to Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
My battery was 7 years old and I had to get my cat replaced on warranty, the battery went bad while they had it and they put another Hyundai battery in it. I guess it's not common to have a battery last that long.

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
817 Posts
I detailed my car two days ago and apparently summoned the rain gods. Yesterday it poured rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock!!! ;-)

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,583 Posts
My battery was 7 years old and I had to get my cat replaced on warranty, the battery went bad while they had it and they put another Hyundai battery in it. I guess it's not common to have a battery last that long.
I took my OE battery out three years ago and put it in my Accent. The Accent had an OE in it. The OE Accent one lasted 10 years, the Gen Coupe one was 9 years when I moved it and it lasted another two years in the Accent..

10341 - 10360 of 10373 Posts