Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
10361 - 10373 of 10373 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,583 Posts
I put 2L of Klean Stripp Lacquer Thinner in full tank last time. Currently 37+ mpg showing on the dash. It's probably 1 mpg high. The cars loves it.

Did this to my Accent and improved the mileage by 4 mpg /10% in the following three tanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I detailed my car two days ago and apparently summoned the rain gods. Yesterday it poured rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock!!! ;-)
I feel your pain. Washed my car the other day then had to drive onto a dirt road that day.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,982 Posts
Saturday I installed a 20" slim light bar in the lower grill. I do a lot of night time and wanted more light. I've upgraded my high beams to led but they aren't much better than my lows (OEM HID's)
Tucked away nicely, barely noticeable but adds the extra light I was looking for.
View attachment 77755

View attachment 77756
So what's with the N on the grill? I am telling Albert Biermann on you....

·
Registered
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Premium
51 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,583 Posts
A new gas mileage record. This tank had 2L of lacquer thinner added....

9/12/21632.6316.16039.153.599W G 2L thinner

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
A new gas mileage record. This tank had 2L of lacquer thinner added....

9/12/21632.6316.16039.153.599W G 2L thinner
Did you fall a sleep on your keyboard?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Advenio Pariter
3,982 Posts
Who's Albert Biermann?
Albert Biermann was the Chief Engineer at BMW in charge of the M division. He did the suspension and engine tuning on all of the M cars....until Hyundai poached him in 2014 and put him in charge of their engineering. The goal was to sort out the power and handling. All "N" cars, not N-Line, are tuned at the Nurburgring at Nordschleife, Germany. The Veloster N was his first release into the North American market. The Road and Track 2020 Performance Car of the Year is the Veloster N. The "N" badge actually means something. This is also why the tuning of the Genesis, Hyundai and Kia cars is so much better than before.

Reactions: Radianguy

·
Registered
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Premium
51 Posts
Well he should have made the Genesis N too! 😎

·
Advenio Pariter
3,982 Posts
Well he should have made the Genesis N too! 😎
Maybe someday. I do notice some of his touches on my wife's GV70. Next will be the Kona N and the Elantra N. I think the latter has a good chance of being a real hit like the i30 N in Europe (basically an Elantra).

Reactions: Radianguy

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Well, my battery finally took a dump (2013) does not charge and can hear boiling.
Bought braille 17 lb battery

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10361 - 10373 of 10373 Posts