Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
10381 - 10400 of 10428 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 78194 View attachment 78196
View attachment 78195

just rip everything out and replace it all! lol. this is with a dsp 6 channel amp in stock location and sub amp on the other side
Hood Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window

Ha, I thought the same thing and started ripping everything out yesterday. Sound proofing is in. new sub and speakers come in tomorrow so I'll hopefully get to it this weekend. Probably going to add another amp. Wasn't going to but I'm already going this far. Are you covering under your driver and passenger seats as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ha, I thought the same thing and started ripping everything out yesterday. Sound proofing is in. new sub and speakers come in tomorrow so I'll hopefully get to it this weekend. Probably going to add another amp. Wasn't going to but I'm already going this far. Are you covering under your driver and passenger seats as well?
yeah i did. the sound deadening i used has the rubber layer and then a foam layer together. then i laid down the thicker padding
Vehicle Car Hood Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah i did. the sound deadening i used has the rubber layer and then a foam layer together. then i laid down the thicker padding
View attachment 78214
Just curious, how much do you think the sound deadening helped road noise? I don't find our Coupe to be too loud, but it is nice to make things quieter when possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 78213 View attachment 78214
I bought way too much sound deadening... looks like I'll be doing the roof and doors as well. Didn't think about doing the extra foam on the floor but that looks nice.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Well the remote, "My Key Premium remote
starter" is in and working, what a great gizmo, its really much more than just a remote starter enabling you to unlock the door without the key fob, starting the car automatically to charge a low battery, turbo timer, lock the car while running, and all plug and play using the factory original key fob.
I couldn't a grip on the plug to the stock module so I pulled the kick panel, glove box and just unbolted its mount so I could flip it around and easily get to it. Also replaced my cabin air filter while I was in there. Still one of the easiest and most satisfying mods I have done.
Font Material property Electronic device Rectangle Electric blue

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk Fixture

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Carbon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Today I finally upgraded my brakes. Found some used Brembo calipers from salvage yard. Bought some new rotors and stainless steel brake lines. Did a flush and all that. Brakes are insane! Stops on a dime. Only thing is I'm considering a set of track pads for the occasion. Recently had my first taste of Autocross and very interested in other events. Of course good for charity laps at VIR and other events too.

I wasn't sold on them being red, but honestly its a good accent to the rest of the car. Especially behind the black chrome wheels. No squeaking, no rubbing, no leaking. Very happy with the results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Today I finally upgraded my brakes. Found some used Brembo calipers from salvage yard. Bought some new rotors and stainless steel brake lines. Did a flush and all that. Brakes are insane! Stops on a dime. Only thing is I'm considering a set of track pads for the occasion. Recently had my first taste of Autocross and very interested in other events. Of course good for charity laps at VIR and other events too.

I wasn't sold on them being red, but honestly its a good accent to the rest of the car. Especially behind the black chrome wheels. No squeaking, no rubbing, no leaking. Very happy with the results.

That Fiero!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
196 Posts
Trans/diff flush!

·
Registered
218 Posts
That Fiero!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
lol nice eye. Its my friend's '83 I think. He needed somewhere to park his 3rd car because he maxed out parking at his place.

·
196 Posts
Test drove the car with the new wheel and tire setup. Road course day is coming up so I’m really excited to see how the car is gonna behave by then.
View attachment 78412
What are the wheel/tire specs on the Blu Tuna?
I have two more track days this year, and then I want to switch out these wheels next year.
They're pretty light, but the front's clear the coilover perch by a hair - granted, I did raise the front after the last time - but the car feels better...
19x8.5et35 up front.
19x9.5et35 out back

Tires:
245/35 and 265/35

·
Registered
143 Posts
She got loaded onto a car carrier for a move across the country from CA to NC:

She got picked up on July 2 and arrived on July 7. The driver had our car and 7 Tesla's that were all headed to RDU.

10381 - 10400 of 10428 Posts