Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
10401 - 10420 of 10427 Posts

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
845 Posts
I did nothing today. Still waiting...3 months now for factory motor mounts. 2 months ago they sent me mounts for a manual trans. 3.8 model, which will not work. Sent them back and still waiting for mounts for a 3.8 ZF trans. model. Phew. This supply chain thing is a huge PITA! I did manage to get the trashed rear diff. mount bushing.changed out.

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,251 Posts
I put a new eBay painted bumper cover on. fit really good. and i sent in my toe hook cover for the paint match. Also took the radiator out and cleaned it and the condenser. Pretty filled with fuzz at the grill opening. And a new t-stat.

While I had the radiator out I put a bead on the lower output pipe. I had to cut it down when I modded the Koyo V6 radiator to fit. Saw a youtube with a guy using some wire crimpers. Worked great!

Eye Glove Sculpture Automotive tire Wood

While laying on my back working on the bumper I saw this....

Sky Twig Trunk Tree Deciduous

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,251 Posts
Wait till winter then knock it down by throwing soft balls at it, ihats what I did as a kid growing up in Northern Illinois. 😁
The neighbors have one over their driveway too and it 's only about 12 ft off the ground.

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,251 Posts
Fog lights quit working. Found out the 12v+ to the relay coil is broken inside the fuse box somewhere. So had to do the quick and dirty. Took 3 hrs to troubleshoot....

Last time I had the bottom open on the fuse box a couple years ago it was full of flower seeds from a chipmunk I presumed.

Circuit component Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware

·
Court Jester
4,308 Posts
OK... 3-4 weeks ago, replaced the front wheel hubs.... took care of a little vibration... Was really easy, after I got the top bolt out of the caliper (I didn't torque it when I replaced the rotors... just tightened it really good! :) )

Today, oil, tranny and diff fluids......

Running strong at 234k miles.....

Do that preventive maintenance folks!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lots of busy work on a gen that sat for four years. Finally got rid of the ever annoying p2261 with a mac solenoid. Got her some new shoes since the old tires were shot from sitting and planning on making it a track toy. Some stuff to get her idling and running smoother, threw in some IKH20TT at 1.05mm and cleaned out the throttle body. Now that she's building boost properly I might have to spin around and double check on the spark plug gaps again though.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got tired of staring at the megan mount sitting on my desk and got this feeling of it might never make its way onto the car at this rate. Only solution was a few cups of coffee and jacking the car up for breakfast.

Really would have hated to see what the 13 year old OEM mount would look like after a few track/auto-x runs at the stage of decay it was at. Going to have to get some diff bushings to match now though hopefully there's some good BF sale.

The mount really made a huge difference really happy for how much they're worth.

Going to have to swing by again and check the bolts a few days later. I didn't see any videos mentioning torque specs and my dumbass didn't think to check the service manuals before hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a modder, but have been interested in bang-for-the-buck platform improvements that also help me learn more about working on cars. So I've been wading into more adventurous (for me) maintenance and tinkerings. My 2016 3.8 MT hit 60k miles recently, so I borrowed a friend's floor jack and stands and replaced the transmission and differential fluids. Biggest pain there was that I needed 1/2" tubing to fit over the end of my funnel, but of course that was a bit too big to fit in the fill holes. 3/8" would have done the trick, so I had to shave off some of the tubing thickness with a utility knife to get it to fit.

Also started the subframe collars and shims that I bought a while back but never got around to installing. Fronts were super easy. Struggled with the collars on the far rear bolts and didn't make it to the front rears. That'll be for this weekend...armed with some better tips to help with the collars. Plus, since I had the jack and needed one more session under the car, I ordered a new transmission mount that'll show up just in time. Everything already has a more solid feel for me with just the collars and shims I have on. Looking forward to what installing the rest and the mount will do for the ride.

Next may be to do wheel spacers for both looks and the little bit of handling improvement they'll add. Especially if there's a Black Friday deal I can't pass up.

·
Court Jester
4,308 Posts
Figured out my vibration issue... Had replaced the front wheel hubs a few weeks ago....

Couple of weeks after that, started getting a vibration at 50-80 mph....

Turns out, the new screws holding one of the rotors tight against the hub, had worked free.

So, right now, one old screw, and one new one in each hub.... next chance, some blue Locktite onto the new screws....

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,251 Posts
Clockspring day, finally got my horn and cruise control settings back. I'm also now looking for a miniature Phillips attachment that can screw in at 90 degrees because I forgot to put the two screws for the plastic trim back and there's no way I'm taking this whole thing apart again, FML.
I use a small phillips bit with a 1/4" ratchet wrench

10401 - 10420 of 10427 Posts