Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question - What do you guys drive? Auto or Manual?

P.S - Are people who drive Autos' looked down upon?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
manual

Personally getting sick and tired of this transmission, and the bigger clutch is a bit of a nuisance. So for me it's turning more into envy towards auto.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Manual ..... i wouldn't buy it any other way

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Manual. And Yes lol :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm planning on buying a gen soon, but I don't find the reason to buy a manual since I wouldn't be racing and I'm more inclined to comfortability. I'll just be a daily drive enjoying my ride. I mean I can't imagine a bunch of people on this forum not driving autos.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
If the GC was available with a decent manual transmission, then I would have really looked long and hard for one. The fact is, my son's 2006 VW GTI has a better manual transmission than the 2013 GC. It's a shame that Hyundai can't put a decent manual transmission in a $25k+ car.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Manual .... yesss lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
manual over the autostagnatic..... who buys a auto sports coupe.... ? girls and dudes with out man cards....

I am just kidding ... its your money and your car. spend it how you want. Just remember that later on down the road a manual trans will hold more power than a auto.

·
Registered
52 Posts
manual. didn't even consider auto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Manual, I find auto to be extremely boring. You're much more in tune with your car if its manual. That being said I don't look down on auto drivers as manual isn't for everybody.

·
407 Posts
Auto. Was going to be a manual until I saw the incredibly huge thread regarding how crappy the manual transmission is when I was lurking on this forum. I combined this with the knowledge that Hyundai has historically been viewed as a company that can't build a proper manual and figured auto for me. If the auto wasn't zf and didn't have paddles and the gc didn't look so nice, I would be in a g35/37.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Manual. Haven't owned an auto since my 1980 2-door fleetwood, which i called my floating couch. IMHO, auto transmissions are for big cars made for comfortable cruises, not sports cars.

I prefer the control manual gives; shifting becomes second nature like breathing and not farting in public.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Manual. Lousy transmission or no, it's still more fun than the auto for me, and I've had the ZF.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Manual... and I don't look down on people just because they can't coordinate their feet and hands well enough to be able to drive their cars. They are special and need love too.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Most companies are doing away with the M/T altogether.

Example...

Why the 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 Doesn't Have a Manual Transmission - 2013 Geneva - WOT on Motor Trend

While I do not compare the dual-clutch setup in the GT3 to the slushbox in the GC, I can definitely tell you that the days of shifting gears are numbered.

I have owned seven cars that have had a manual transmission, including my very first car, a 1979 VW Scirocco, and my last car, a 2009 BMW 335i, so I know my way around a manual transmission.

Opting for an automatic does not mean you are stupid or lazy...it's just a preference.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
Manual.

There is a lot of legitimate complaints about the manual trans in the GC, but I've never experienced any of it (knock on wood). I've got a 2010 with a production date of 9/9/09 so it falls in the range of terrible transmissions, but its not bad at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 222 Posts