Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Empire Custom/Empire C.C
89 Posts
In my opinion I wouldnt throw 87 on my coupe it may not show
Now to some but when you look at the long haul an a bigger better build you need 93
Or race fuel

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
Shell 93oct

·
noOb
77 Posts
I run on 93 here in toledo ohio, but no noticeable difference, but I also did not run 87 to compare it to really other than whatever was in the car when i got it off the lot. all i know is this car flies through gas with my driving habits...which is probably the biggest variable that people tend to forget about when comparing eachothers gains/losses in octane changes...id like to say in most cases as people move up on octane levels for the potential power gains, they drive more aggressively to really test out the car so thats why you might see the claimed loss in efficiency...and someone correct me if i am wrong but don't you have to run a higher octane when you get your ecu reflashed?

·
Team Sun*Works
76,154 Posts
When i stripped my car back to stock, i got rid of my poweraxel tune, so right now I have full TurboXS bolt on with no tune. I'm waiting on my TurboXS turbo upgrade which will come with the tune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I switched to premium a while back, and boy is the difference amazing. not only do I get better gas mileage, the ride is much smoother than before. After trying various brands of gasoline in the area, I recomend Cheveron.

·
LivingADream
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I let my buddy borrow my car. I know never thought I would. Since I'm always complaining about gas, he thought I use regular unleaded. My tank had half 93 then he mixed it with 89 till full. *cries*

I don't know if I can trust a soul again.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts