Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other suggestion (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.9%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so many choices, but only one can be done per year...

My choices are:
  1. Megan coils
  2. BR Tune
  3. Viper alarm

Help me chose, please!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'd probably go with the power mod. doens't the car come with alarm stock?
Yeah, but the remote start and other gizmos are always welcome :)

the tune is a given but supporting mods?
exactly. I don't wanna get the flash, and then need to drop another $1500 on a clutch lol And I have no intake or exhaust yet...

·
Currahee
148 Posts
I would get an intake since you dont have one yet, thats just me.

·
For the love of drifting
818 Posts
Tune first. Coz you'll enjoy driving it more. Coils can come after that.

I got SFR reflash as my first mod. The best move i made.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Power mod would be most noticeable day-to-day. But if you auto-X then I recommend the coilovers. Handling way more useful than tune on the tracks. Plus the coilovers give you a drop for better looks and the car will be better equipped for when you decide to add power.
Just imo.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Intake! G&m has them for cheap

Then a reflash, you dont really need an exhaust. Intake + reflash is very fun to drive! Put u at about 215ish whp you dont need a clutch till u touch 250ish whp and/or 300 wtq

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
If you can only do one mod a year, make it a worthwhile one....tune

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
tune!

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
I dunno, I think it's be worth it to hold off on the tune, we're closing the gap on cracking the stock ECU, by spring/early summer they should have it done. If they're successful then it'd be the ideal tuning solution (cheaper +no piggyback)

All depends on what you want out of your cash. Personally, I'm buying all the supporting stuff first, then getting a tune so I can get the full wallop immediately.:D

·
Banned
631 Posts
Yeah, but the remote start and other gizmos are always welcome :)

exactly. I don't wanna get the flash, and then need to drop another $1500 on a clutch lol And I have no intake or exhaust yet...
I wouldn't do it man. Everyone I know with a remote start ended up with a fried ECU after a while. Bulldog, viper, different brands, not cheap ****. My uncle, my neighbor, my grandmother, and my bud all had their ecus fried. Um, think it was a blazer, a tahoe, a silverado, a lexus gs, and there's another one...but I wouldn't risk it...cuz warranty won't cover it...I'd rather be looking at a clutch and knowing i can get something better than oem than paying through the nose for a stock ecu

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you can only do one mod a year, make it a worthwhile one....tune
Gotta pace myself and budget...

I dunno, I think it's be worth it to hold off on the tune, we're closing the gap on cracking the stock ECU, by spring/early summer they should have it done. If they're successful then it'd be the ideal tuning solution (cheaper +no piggyback)

All depends on what you want out of your cash. Personally, I'm buying all the supporting stuff first, then getting a tune so I can get the full wallop immediately.:D
That's what I was holding out for tuning wise, but I like the simpleness of the BR tune, and would not mind combining a CMD with it.

It all depends on what you want to do (Daily driver, track/auto-X, cosmetic, etc
This is just my DD, but I wanna take it to the track way later in its life.

I wouldn't do it man. Everyone I know with a remote start ended up with a fried ECU after a while. Bulldog, viper, different brands, not cheap ****. My uncle, my neighbor, my grandmother, and my bud all had their ecus fried. Um, think it was a blazer, a tahoe, a silverado, a lexus gs, and there's another one...but I wouldn't risk it...cuz warranty won't cover it...I'd rather be looking at a clutch and knowing i can get something better than oem than paying through the nose for a stock ecu
I had a Python on my DSM, and had never heard of this sort of thing. Thanks for the heads up!

·
77 Posts
If you don't have an intake yet then I'd go with that. Cheap 5 or so hp. I recommend Injen, I love mine

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts

I'm as hopeful as the next person regarding the open source becoming available. But looking at how long it took other platforms to get her done, I wouldn't bet on having it available by summer.....just sayin.

What's the best deal to be had on the BC coils?
I can get the Megan's for below $850. If the BC are around that, then I'll switch :)
If you are thinking about coil overs, I would check for used BC or Megan coils 1st. I remember seeing a member on genesisforums.org with a set for sale a little while back for like $500. I've also seen used Stance coils on the same site at a good price where a member was moving up to KW-V3s.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts