Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
2000 Honda Civic - Learned on this car and its a sedan so was easy learning

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS - Was a peppy car for what it was, easy car to learn in an had alot of forgiveness as far as manuals go

2008 Mazda RX8 - had the most sensitive clutch feel out of all the cars I drove but nothing beats winding the engine out to 9k rpm. Shifts were short and only take offs were a bit sketchy. Anyone who drove my car would stall it a couple times

2010 STI - This is my buddies car and have driven a few times but the tranny in this car is well balanced. Always enjoy driving the STIs

And now I drive the Genesis 3.8 Track which as alot of people mention can be touchy at times but ive adjusted well to it.

·
car whore
75 Posts
i drove an e36 bmw before my gc and i loved that gearbox it was sloppy only becuase the shifter bushings wore outafter 185k, that did not bother me. I drive a lot of porsches and bmws, audis, and vws at work older porsches have great gearboxs when the bushings are not worn out. My dad owns an s2000 and when i was 16 he taught me todrive on a 2001 maita yes the s2000 is a great gearbox but the miata box was the best by far!!!! (it doesnt pop out of gear like an s2000 does when its cold also the throws are a litle to short. Now onto the gen coupe i am not sure what people do not like its chunky but in a good way its direct has fantastic feel and if it were any shorter in throw it would kinda ruin the gearbox. I have a bigger question and since there is no drive line section im gonna as it now. how do you remove the clutch delay VALVE ON THE GEN DOES ANY ONE KNOW.that will solve many porblems like i find my self shifing faster then the car and i know its the delay valve which is designed to prevent you from stalling (its a noob stick shift aid). I love the gear box in our cars its strong and precise but sometimes it sticks coming out of 5th but that has gone away as i have put miles on the car. ohh and cable linkage sucks so much more then rods but there are a few boxes that pull of the cable box well. i think many poeples issues are the box is crunchy when cold but thats normal go easy on it till you get some heat in it.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
i drove an e36 bmw before my gc and i loved that gearbox it was sloppy only becuase the shifter bushings wore outafter 185k, that did not bother me. I drive a lot of porsches and bmws, audis, and vws at work older porsches have great gearboxs when the bushings are not worn out. My dad owns an s2000 and when i was 16 he taught me todrive on a 2001 maita yes the s2000 is a great gearbox but the miata box was the best by far!!!! (it doesnt pop out of gear like an s2000 does when its cold also the throws are a litle to short. Now onto the gen coupe i am not sure what people do not like its chunky but in a good way its direct has fantastic feel and if it were any shorter in throw it would kinda ruin the gearbox. I have a bigger question and since there is no drive line section im gonna as it now. how do you remove the clutch delay VALVE ON THE GEN DOES ANY ONE KNOW.that will solve many porblems like i find my self shifing faster then the car and i know its the delay valve which is designed to prevent you from stalling (its a noob stick shift aid). I love the gear box in our cars its strong and precise but sometimes it sticks coming out of 5th but that has gone away as i have put miles on the car. ohh and cable linkage sucks so much more then rods but there are a few boxes that pull of the cable box well. i think many poeples issues are the box is crunchy when cold but thats normal go easy on it till you get some heat in it.
We dont have a clutch delay valve. Thats just the shitty electronic throttle and the rev hang between shifts. I used to say I didn't notice it, but I recently flashed to stock for emissions and it was totally there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just recently bought a 2012 GC 2.0T. I came from a 2004 Pontiac GTO. I am still getting used to the difference in clutch lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I switched from a 2013 BMW 328i to my GenCoupe 3.8...

Best 'downgrade' EVER!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Drove a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited convertible that had a hunger for BMW 3's.
over all a good car and fun to drive . . .but our 2013 3.8 GC GT is amazing.
Presently going into suspension mods and new wheels and tires.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts