Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i’m curious on other people’s opinions on what parts i should upgrade first to make my 2010 2.0t faster? anyone recommend certain upgrades first?

·
Advenio Pariter
3,952 Posts
Trade it in. /jk A tune is the best way to make a car faster. You might want to put on an intake and maybe a BOV before the tune. Consult somebody who sells tunes and they will advise you so you don't waste money on unnecessary parts, etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah I always recommend consulting your tuner if you are unsure the route you want to go. If you don't have one, look around and decide if you have a local tuner or need to do remote tuning.

You gotta determine your goals for the car. "More power" is too vague to really give you some ideas. How much more torque/power are you looking for and when do you want it? Stuff like that will help you out. If you just want to see a big number you'd need to put resources into building the engine and a bigger turbo, but it won't be that great from a driving perspective. Some joke and call em' Dynoqueens cause they are really good at hitting big numbers but not great to race or daily.

The Tros Potent booster is pretty popular. A lot of people like throttle controllers to make the car feel more responsive and "faster" even though it doesn't increase power at all. It basically tricks your computer into thinking you are heavier on the throttle pedal. Its plug and play sitting between your throttle pedal and the ECU. Pretty much acts to "boost" the signal so that 10% throttle might be seen as 50% throttle, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I always recommend consulting your tuner if you are unsure the route you want to go. If you don't have one, look around and decide if you have a local tuner or need to do remote tuning.

You gotta determine your goals for the car. "More power" is too vague to really give you some ideas. How much more torque/power are you looking for and when do you want it? Stuff like that will help you out. If you just want to see a big number you'd need to put resources into building the engine and a bigger turbo, but it won't be that great from a driving perspective. Some joke and call em' Dynoqueens cause they are really good at hitting big numbers but not great to race or daily.

The Tros Potent booster is pretty popular. A lot of people like throttle controllers to make the car feel more responsive and "faster" even though it doesn't increase power at all. It basically tricks your computer into thinking you are heavier on the throttle pedal. Its plug and play sitting between your throttle pedal and the ECU. Pretty much acts to "boost" the signal so that 10% throttle might be seen as 50% throttle, etc.
My friend is looking to try the Tros Potent booster as well. We'll work on his 2.0T next after we finished installing the suspension and all terrain tire on the Wrangler this week.

·
Premium Member
15,999 Posts
If you're engine is getting up there is miles, put in a new timing chain. A lot of the lost hp is likely from this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts