Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

What spare wheel to use.

Tags
spare tire
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Xokken 
#1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a BK1 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe that lacked a spare tire in the trunk. My area is under constant road construction work which has forced me in the past to use a spare donut tire for my last car. So I was looking in to what spare tire I should get that actually fits in the trunk of the BK1.

My Wheel setup is 225/40R19 in the front and 245/40R19 in the back.

Any suggestions for spare tire? I am guessing only donuts fits if I dont want a mound in the back of the trunk.

#3 ·
This is what my 2014 Ultimate came with. With a staggered tire set up anyway I think it's the only viable option. I also carry tire plugs and a mini air compressor. As long as the tire isn't shredded I've found it much easier to just install a tire plug without removing the wheel from the car, fill the tire, and be on my way.

#4 ·
Sadly they dont ship internationally (I live in Europe), and I havent been able to get the wheel specs on the oem donut tyre.
Weird that there isnt more of a market for spare wheels, then again most people can probably fit a full size wheel in their trunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.