Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I bought a Genny with 70k miles that I saved up for over the course of a year (Im only 17). I want to be able to get as close to the stock hp, because i know that they lose hp over time. What should I do? There's intake valve cleaning and fluid flushes but anything else? Thank you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
  • Do a boost leak test
  • Check the Vacuum hoses - all of them
  • Check the WG mine at 110 k is a bit loose
  • If auto get it flushed / oil changed
  • Check valve clearances (60k is service interval i believe may change the chain and tension-er while at it)\
  • Clean all sensors
And enjoy the car

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
763 Posts
My 2012 3,8 Track has 116, 200 miles and runs and looks new., You gotta take care of them and they will last!

·
Premium Member
15,259 Posts
Is this a BK1 or BK2?

2.0 or 3.8?

If its a BK2 3.8 then as assumed by the OP, caked intake valves is where the power is being robbed from.
A trick that Audi techs do is

Take a bunch of plastic zipties and ducktape them together onto a dowel to make a brush.
put the dowel in a cordless drill
With the valve close of the intake valve you are working on, spray some solvent in there (brake clean) to flood the port (Make sure the engine is cold) wait like 30 seconds.
run the drill with your makeshift brush in the intake port.
jam a rag in the port to soak up the solvent, and repeat until it's clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a BK1 or BK2?

2.0 or 3.8?

If its a BK2 3.8 then as assumed by the OP, caked intake valves is where the power is being robbed from.
A trick that Audi techs do is

Take a bunch of plastic zipties and ducktape them together onto a dowel to make a brush.
put the dowel in a cordless drill
With the valve close of the intake valve you are working on, spray some solvent in there (brake clean) to flood the port (Make sure the engine is cold) wait like 30 seconds.
run the drill with your makeshift brush in the intake port.
jam a rag in the port to soak up the solvent, and repeat until it's clean.
I’m about to try this and i’ll update you, wish me luck haha! Thank you to everyone who helped me my project is on the way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts