Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

What Tuning Solution do you use on your 2.0T GC?

• DynoJet CMD

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • PowerAxel

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • none

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
waiting to see what you come out with, or turbo xs.... or haltec or aem....

something i can tune myself that is a REAL tuning device (flasher or full standalone) with datalogging and I can plug my laptop into it.

but, if it doesn't happen soon, i'm likely going to get a poweraxel to hold me over for this season.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
PowerAxel. I'm that %age of the community that doesn't know poo of tunning and does more of the driving and leave others to tune the car.

·
Registered
879 Posts
It's going to be tough to beat the CMD at $400. Especially once timing control is released.
That is why I got the CMD in the meantime till the cp-e stuff is out! :) Coming from the STi's and the accessport, I have been spoiled with easy-to-use full control tuning. Now, I am just hurting for full control :wtc:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
CMD on both coupes at my house. I won't buy a "tuned" device... Anything without end user control is pointless IMO . After seeing a few 12.5:1 a/fs with the pa canned tune I wouldn't even consider it...

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
I will most likely be getting the poweraxel tune just because I have no clue how to tune my own car an I don't wanna mess anything up

·
I'm not a cowboy, Pam...
170 Posts
I have the PA because I have NO idea how to tune. I also have no self control and I know I would push the car to the ragged edge.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It's going to be tough to beat the CMD at $400. Especially once timing control is released.
depends....

IMO, the cmd is not remotely what i'm after.

I LOVE the interface and self tuning ability, but at the end of the day, it's a trick/piggy back, and i've never gotten solid results with any thing that tricks the system, especially part throttle.

If their software could right flashes, i'd be all over it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
HONDATA!!!! wait what??? lol jk jk

i've heard some pretty good things about CP-E's standback unit

·
Registered
879 Posts
depends....

I LOVE the interface and self tuning ability, but at the end of the day, it's a trick/piggy back, and i've never gotten solid results with any thing that tricks the system, especially part throttle.

Well, it does exactly what I want, increase boost and fuel and can be tuned by me (or a shop here in Miami where there is no PA dealer) for the meantime it works great and takes full advantage of my full TBE and intake. If there was a reasonable standalone, I would of gotten it already.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I got poweraxel I like the staged upgrades that people are making for it cuz I have never tuned a car myself.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
CMD on both coupes at my house. I won't buy a "tuned" device... Anything without end user control is pointless IMO . After seeing a few 12.5:1 a/fs with the pa canned tune I wouldn't even consider it...
I think I ended up running 11.7 or 11.9:1 last time I was on a dyno, LoL... 12.5 ought to be on the upper end of safe, but uh... heh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
406 Posts
depends....

I understand you completely, and think you bring up a very valid point. I can tell you first hand though that my car drives and feels like stock while driving around town like a little old lady.

The CMD is little more than a glorified S-AFC. But truth be told people have made some serious and reliable power on simple piggy back systems. Price plays a huge part in it as well. Anything that will actually re-flash the ECU or is a Standalone unit that has user logging and adjustment is going to cost $1k + there is no way around that.

I'm sure whatever cpe release's will be a great product regardless.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts