Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got a new GC 3.8 Track M/T about 2 weeks ago. I have been noticing slight steering wheel shaking around 65mph, and I'm guessing I need to get the wheels balanced (even though on a brand new car I shouldn't be having this problem).

My question is this: I am being paranoid if I want to avoid going to places like Sears Auto or Firestone Tires to get the wheel balancing done? I would just take it to the dealership to get it done for free, but the nearest dealership from me is 130 miles away. It's not worth driving that far since I'd burn almost an entire tank of gas and waste like 4 hours driving back and forth.

I'm just kinda worried that places like Sears aren't going to have experience with a GC, and they might damage my car somehow. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Damm, 130 miles away. You must live in the boonies, anyways just go to firestone and you will be fine. If they damage your car by balancing the wheels then they are idiots.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,984 Posts
Can you ask around? A lot of independent shops are really excellent and some totally suck. Choose somebody with a good reputation and you will be fine. This car is no different than a Honda or Toyota to work on. After I got my Stealth I won a "free alignment" from a nearby Firestone. The manager ended-up doing my alignment because this was the first Stealth he saw. Huge difference. He was an old tuner and really dialed it in. Just ask around and you will be fine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm just kinda worried that places like Sears aren't going to have experience with a GC, and they might damage my car somehow. Thanks in advance...
They do not need specific experience with a GC to balance tires. Its straight forward for any vehicle. They do plenty of tire work at those places. If you are looking for a better auto shop experience then you will need to find a garage that you feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
402 Posts
look up hunter wheel force balancer and click on locations close to your house.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments guys. I ended up taking the long drive back to the dealership because I had to sign some paperwork (finance manager is a dumbass) and got the balancing done there. Steering wheel shake is gone now. I really like my new ride!!

Once again, thanks for your input...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts