Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
dudewarren39
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for wheels and I found a set that I like they are DIP ICE D67 a guy at a local wheel and tire place (with a good reputation that my dealership does business with) said that these would fit. I am particular about the way things look I am wanting 20's the website says that they come in 20X8.5 with +40 offset. The rear wheels I'm not concerned with but the front I don't want the wheels and tries to stick out past the fender lip at the top of the wheel well. I would like some advise please because I'm new to the wheels and tire deal but I really want some thing better than the stock 18's....your help would be appreciated!

here is the link to the wheel I want: TWG | The Wheel Group

·
dudewarren39
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks that clears that up but is that going to give me clearance issues on the inside example rubbing the inner well?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Those are going to tuck in a bit too much I think.

8.5 up front, you want to be in the +25 to +32 area for normal, non-hellafrush nonsense.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
yes, adding a spacer will push it out. but, IMO, why buy wheels just to buy spacers too? (they aren't cheap, by the way. good ones are like $200 a set).

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Because sometimes the exact wheel you want doesn't come in the offset you want. With an 8.5 you would have to be down around a 10 or less to be hella flush, so if you would line the wheels to be flush with the fender you will want to be in the 20 offset range. What size tires are you planning to run?

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
aside from buying different rims what other options do I have?
Get the weels you want and just add spacers, there are plenty of us that have been doing it for quite some time, unless you have a 4k plus budget you can't just pick offsets you want, you will have to settle for the offsets available and then adjust them via the use of spacer.

·
dudewarren39
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks for the advise I wish I had a 4k plus budget unfortunately being an EMT doesn't pay that much along with being a full time student....plus it's my daily driver so I want it to look good but not out to win any car shows...and Thanks again for all the advise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts