Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I purchase black Genesis 2.0 lettering? I was thinking about painting the current badges, but feel that to be more work than I'm really willing to do for that. I have tried to search online, had friends search online and we must all just be blind or something because I simply can't find what I am looking for... Anyone know?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
You mean the lettering on the trunk? No Vendor sells a black version of them (that I know of). Only the crooked H emblem is available in different colors.

If you want black letters, you'll need to paint them. It's really not hard.

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
Use Plasti-dip. Cheap. Works like a charm if you're going for a matte finish.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Pretty Yum IMO

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where can I purchase black Genesis 2.0 lettering? I was thinking about painting the current badges, but feel that to be more work than I'm really willing to do for that. I have tried to search online, had friends search online and we must all just be blind or something because I simply can't find what I am looking for... Anyone know?
Importshark can do them for you. The can have any of the emblems powder coated.

I have black wing emblems on my car and a black 380 GT that they did for me.

Just email with what you want, and they will email you back a price.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'm not paying someone to paint my lettering which I could do myself rather cheaply...LoL

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
I'm not paying someone to paint my lettering which I could do myself rather cheaply...LoL
This is not some spraycan job that we do. It's professionally done with high quality exterior automotive paint.

If you have a paint booth at your residence and are confident in your abilities in regard to bodywork, then by all means go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is not some spraycan job that we do. It's professionally done with high quality exterior automotive paint.

If you have a paint booth at your residence and are confident in your abilities in regard to bodywork, then by all means go for it.
Quality looks great! I like the way they look! Thank you for dropping me the link...

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts

I get what you mean talking about the quality, but for the price of having it done I can re-spray a few times with the same rattle can. Just sayin'

By no means am I knocking the quality and anyone who doesn't feel like dealing with the hassle of re-spraying should go the pro route.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i plan on getting the chrome wing badge and chrome "200 turbo" badge and spraying them with the duplicolor shadow kit to get a black chrome look.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Well, there's more to it than just re-spraying. There's prep work to get the surface looking completely smooth and also you having to remove and re-install the emblem. In the end, it seems to make more sense to have it done once and then be done with it.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
i plan on getting the chrome wing badge and chrome "200 turbo" badge and spraying them with the duplicolor shadow kit to get a black chrome look.
Duplicolor won't give you the glossy finish you're thinking of. You will have to get the emblem/badge professionally clearcoated to get that bodycolor-like finish.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Duplicolor won't give you the glossy finish you're thinking of. You will have to get the emblem/badge professionally clearcoated to get that bodycolor-like finish.
well damn. good to know, i guess. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
You can visit just about any local bodyshop in your area and ask them if they can clearcoat the badges for you. Shouldn't cost more than $25 I'd imagine. Some shops might not want to do it at all, so just visit a bunch until you find one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Those I.S. emblems do look awesome, but are too rich for my blood. I'm all for a can of paint, a can of clear, and some time to do it myself.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts

I promise you I can turn out a better finish with my spray can. 1st off I prep my parts very well sanding in stages, second I tack them off so no fish eyes etc show up & finally I use a $13 can of SEM Landau black that looks ****ing amazing when done. Don't preach to me about painting, because I took autobody at Columbus Tech back when I was younger & I CAN paint very well even cars in a booth. But If I couldn't paint, I still have a sponsor that doesn't charge me a dime to do WHATEVER I want to my car. :woah:

BTW, if you would like to see some of my finished work from said spray can just take a look at the butt plug single exhaust filler I painted at home in my garage that I sold recently. If you can't find the pic I will re-upload it tonight for ya! :p & that's w/o clear, imagine what I can do with a can of high dollar clear on top of that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts