Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question really. Where can I buy a ECU to send for a reflash? I've checked ebay and other websites, but I can't seem to find one for the life of me. Also, what are the specifications I need? Does it have to be the same year as my car, 3.8l, etc.

Thanks,
Esints

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're expensive. Something like 300 dollars if I remember. I've been told a few times that I can get them "on the cheap" elsewhere.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
They're expensive. Something like 300 dollars if I remember. I've been told a few times that I can get them "on the cheap" elsewhere.
Lol let us know then! Cuz 300 is actually pretty good

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Canadian
392 Posts
Go ask your dealership what they want for one and $300 wont seen so bad.

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Lmao well ask those fellas where they get those magical ecu's from. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealership prices are always relatively high. Asking them what they want won't change how I feel about spending 300 dollars on an ECU. I'll take your answers as, "300 dollars is the best price you can get."

Thanks for the quick responses,
Esints

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
300 is a great price, and also super cheap for a straight from korea ecu

·
Registered
908 Posts
Dealership prices are always relatively high. Asking them what they want won't change how I feel about spending 300 dollars on an ECU. I'll take your answers as, "300 dollars is the best price you can get."

Thanks for the quick responses,
Esints
It really is, even buying through my shop, $656.01 for a 3.8 ECU.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
The other advantage of going through a tuner is matching your current ECU software version to the new one. This will help avoid immobilizer and other issues running a version your car was not setup with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, if that's the case. Then I'll probably just spend the extra money! Thanks for a reasonable answer, it's greatly appreciated!

·
Paycheck2Paycheck
259 Posts
I have a stock 3.8 ecu for sell if you're interested. pm me

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Jman, do you have a hi-res of your avatar? I can't tell if that's a chop or a toy or what, lol.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I have a 2010 3.8 manual with push start.... Is it just plug and play and how much?
Not necessarily. You need to verify the version and immobilizer or it will trip and the car won't start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts