Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone! i was just wondering what everyone is planning these days with their Gencoupes! Where's all the power at? with Myself and only a handful of others that i can count on 1 hand are the only ones doing big builds and showing the population what the Gencoupes can do! without these builds, tuners wont have any reason to back us with Aftermarket support!

so come on Everyone! and lets get some numbers!

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
As much as I'd love to slap a supercharger onto my 3.8, I can't afford to do that, nor the cost of upgrading all the other components. Just don't have the $$$.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Yea, us 3.8 guy's are kind of in limbo right now. PA is supposedly working on a new tune and some other fun things, we'll just have to wait and see. This damn CPU is killing us.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I had my heart set on an evo swap but now the lsx swap has me on the fence. Baby bill from the hospital took most of my play money for a few months but mid to end of year should be making 400whp with something.

·
1stgengen
4,540 Posts
I just haven't been vocal about my build since its all coming together now. I just got my new bumper painted the other day. Within the next week or so I should have sideskirts, front lip, grill, CAI, spacers, and a couple other goodies on the way. I am waiting for spring to come to get my pro-kit and sway bars. Then sometimes in May hopefully I will be getting a reflash and maybe a twm short throw w/ tic bushings.

All my progress (when finished) will be documented in the media section with tonnes of pics!

Of course my plans aren't epically big like some of yours lol, like a full turbo swap or super body kit + coilovers + this and that ++++...

I gots a house to save for so I gotta keep my spending on a leash!

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
I stopped caring about power the moment my first engine started knocking. Now I just want it to last until the warranty is up.

Have any of the guys with "real" power learned to drive yet, and put up any real numbers besides those from a dyno? Lulz.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I just haven't been vocal about my build since its all coming together now. I just got my new bumper painted the other day. Within the next week or so I should have sideskirts, front lip, grill, CAI, spacers, and a couple other goodies on the way. I am waiting for spring to come to get my pro-kit and sway bars. Then sometimes in May hopefully I will be getting a reflash and maybe a twm short throw w/ tic bushings.

Of course all my progress (when finished) will be documented in the media section with tonnes of pics!
What do sideskirts, front lip, grill. spacers, springs and sway bars have to do with the topic of this thread, POWER??? We need more POWER!! :rofl:

·
1stgengen
4,540 Posts
lol, my bad, calm down I got carried away with excitement. So yeah, other than the usual I wont be doing any super awesome power stuff... although a TT kit would be nice...

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
My goal is to have the ultimate de-tuned tuner, ridiculously over-built for the application since it's my DD and reliability is more important to me than dyno numbers.

Honestly, since I'll probably never see the dragstrip I'll be perfectly content in the 300-350whp range, anything more than that is gonna render the car un-drivable for my purposes. I'll see what that stock turbo can push after the BR upgrade & we get evoscan up and running for the coupes :)

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Power.....what's power ;-)

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Give these guys a couple of years and you'll start to see the big builds. Not everybody makes the coin you make, Vu! :rofl:

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
went all out and made my own br stage 2 with their tune. 265ish whp and 310ish wtq... now my clutch is slipping like hell. Im broke, so no clutch for now. downgraded to stock muffler to bring numbers down a bit. Im stuck right now

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Give these guys a couple of years and you'll start to see the big builds. Not everybody makes the coin you make, Vu! :rofl:
Nor do we have family that owns one of the best tuning shops in texas. ;)

Vu: get me some family pricing on a motor build and i might drop my car, parts, and credit card off at jotech :)

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I'm expecting 320ish once Crawford gets finished with my Evo X swap using a totally stock Evo X MR turbine and stock FMIC etc. Later this year I of course have upgraded FMIC & some other supporting mods lined up like water meth that should put me at/over the 350whp mark.

After that I'm planning for internals next year and a new turbo, GT35R or FP Red, retune for 400whp+. I'm gettin married within the next year so once the car gets back from Crawford it's kinda on the back burner :D

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
My goal is to have the ultimate de-tuned tuner, ridiculously over-built for the application since it's my DD and reliability is more important to me than dyno numbers.

Honestly, since I'll probably never see the dragstrip I'll be perfectly content in the 300-350whp range, anything more than that is gonna render the car un-drivable for my purposes. I'll see what that stock turbo can push after the BR upgrade & we get evoscan up and running for the coupes :)
That is kind of the same page as myself. Though after hearing about tufast's track thread, that does sound fun. One of these days I want to head out and try that. As far as the drag strip, I never really went before, I don't see this as a drag car. I don't know how long it will last though, so I am thinking of overbuilding it. But after spending all of that money, I think I would have to be at 400whp to justify some of the money.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
What is big numbers? lol.

Originally I wanted to do 350-400whp... but then I decided on something more realistic for me, because I'm a complete n00b, and don't feel like sinking retarded money into something that was never a good investment in the first place (not saying the car sucks, I love my GC 2.0T! Vehicles in general are just never a good investment).

I then decided on 280-320whp... but now... I'm probably just going to do my exhaust system (Ark Dual GRIP w/ DP and TP in garage right now), intake, and a BR PA module, and I'm done in terms of the engine. So whats that like? I think 220ish to 230ish?

/discouraged and poor....

·
209hp/280lbs tq :)
3,280 Posts
^x2! im still being screwed by my lawyer and court fees and bills not to mention not having water at my apartments for 5 days during the weekend of the superbowl( blows) but hoping that i do land my dream job at AA soon...then buh bye car payment,bills,etc and hello ls2/ls7:bowdown:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts