Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Prototype User Title v0.9
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started on this forum in 2013 there was a pretty good rotation of stuff for sale on the classifieds. Now I've seen entire weeks go by without anything listed, and sometimes the only activity is a bump for a long ago ad. I used to see at least five exhausts and a couple of coilover kits go through every few days. Now, the classifieds here are as dead as a Caprice station wagon owners forum.

Where did everyone go? Is our platform just that dead that no one ever has anything to sell? Or is everyone just that satisfied with what they bought and wants to hang on to it for the rest of time?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just speculation on my part but unfortunitly the coupe is now out of production so with no new ones entering the fold the folks who already have their coups either like them mostly stock or have already done whatever mods they intended to do. The same thing happened with my Mazda CX7 after it was discontinued after 2012.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just speculation on my part but unfortunitly the coupe is now out of production so with no new ones entering the fold the folks who already have their coups either like them mostly stock or have already done whatever mods they intended to do. The same thing happened with my Mazda CX7 after it was discontinued after 2012.
Every make I've been involved prior with has gone through end of production on a given model. The first owners sell the mods and then the car. The people who buy those cars on the secondary market pay less for them so they have money for mods. Its usually the second owners driving the next wave of parts production. Things don't slow down for a few years. I'm surprised there aren't more people selling off parts right now.

Even more surprised there are dealers who still have new 2016s in stock who aren't budging on the prices. I spotted one with four R-Specs in stock. When the 2016 supply dried up here, the R-Specs were the first to sell out.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a member so it won't let me get past the sign in screen. You have to be a member just to look at classified ads?

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't post, just browse ads and make calls. I'm not going to join Facebook just for that.

Looks like eBay is the best bet.

·
Need more power !
760 Posts
There are multiple facebook groups with parts for sale it's probably your best source. I also agree that the classifieds here have died :-(.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are multiple facebook groups with parts for sale it's probably your best source. I also agree that the classifieds here have died :-(.
Yeah but I'm not registered on Facebook. I don't need mods that bad. :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts