Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally got my ECU apart from the car. However it looks a little different from the video you made on youtube.

Here is the photo, I got two things, Which is ECU? which should I ship ?

(Front)

(Back)

Thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, I got a 2011 GC 2.0T A/T Base model. Yes i believe its the latest model (made date: 2010.Sep)

Payment already sent on Jan.05.2011 via paypal. FYI
I will ship it today hopefully or at latest tomorrow.
Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wonderful, Can't wait to get it.

Thanks a lot.

P.S just delcare the package as Gift and low value (under US$50) to avoid custom fee.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Wonderful, Can't wait to get it.

Thanks a lot.

P.S just delcare the package as Gift and low value (under US$50) to avoid custom fee.
^^I wouldn't recommend that on a 1200$ piece of kit. If they don't declare it as a new item, you won't get hit with the custom fees.

They can write "Warranty Return" or similar. I used that method when shipping my PA module back and forth, and insure for the whole value (~500$). They never charge customs on it.

If your ECU gets lost in transit, you will never get back the full retail of a new one, since you declared a 50$ value. Think about it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^I wouldn't recommend that on a 1200$ piece of kit. If they don't declare it as a new item, you won't get hit with the custom fees.

They can write "Warranty Return" or similar. I used that method when shipping my PA module back and forth, and insure for the whole value (~500$). They never charge customs on it.

If your ECU gets lost in transit, you will never get back the full retail of a new one, since you declared a 50$ value. Think about it.
Thanks for your kind advice. I think every country has its own custom laws which China , now no matter you write your item "New" or "USED", usually they ALWAYS charge custom fee base on the declared value.

However write it as "Warranty Return" is really a great idea. lol. Thank you.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Thanks for your kind advice. I think every country has its own custom laws which China , now no matter you write your item "New" or "USED", usually they ALWAYS charge custom fee base on the declared value.

However write it as "Warranty Return" is really a great idea. lol. Thank you.
No problem.;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh my last question, maybe it's too late..
in China , our Gas is marked as #90,#93 and #97 (We usually add #93 for our GC and it was told by dealer as well)

However in North America, I know it's marked 85, 87, 89 and 93 right?

What I want to say is , Chinese #93 equals America #85 and #97 = #87
So what gas my ECU reflash based on? Does it matter? Do I need to add #97 gas?

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Wow you guys have very low octane rate.
Let me pull some timings as I am typing this so you don't get into problems.

Please still fuel #97 tho
Thanks
I should not be giving info to "competitors" but before you guys mess everything up:
- 97 octane in China is equivalent to 93 octane in the US.
- 93 Octane is China, is equivalent to 87 in the US.

@Jay: we'll be quits for a discount if I purchase something from SFR ;)
@SHRURU: Next time, ask me when you want to modify something on your Rohens coupe, I can get you about everything for a VERY good price + I can give you correct and knowledgeable information for free, which is priceless as they say at Mastercards :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks ecarca,

I was confused by the fuel difference, so I googled and found a post talking about the difference. just grabbed it here.

Thanks for correcting!

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
Thanks ecarca,

I was confused by the fuel difference, so I googled and found a post talking about the difference. just grabbed it here.

Thanks for correcting!
You're welcome :)
By the way, use 97. If you use 97, you already have 18 HP extra "almost for free", regarding the small price difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts