Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,987 Posts
When the car s first came out .040 was the gap everyone recommended ut they came from the factory at .028 or so. So someone must have changed the plugs once already.

Throttle bodies need cleaning when they need it. Usually not too often though. Catch can probably would help.

The P0068 is a MAP sensor, wiring or throttle pedal position error.. I would clear and see if it comes back.

P0068 Manifold pressure (MAP) sensor/Mass air flow (MAF) sensor – throttle position correlation Wiring, MAP sensor, MAF sensor, mechanical fault

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,987 Posts
You can read the MAP sensor with the engine off/key on to see if it's in range compared to local barometric pressure with they typical OBD Data reader.

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Diagram

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,987 Posts
Yes the intake it also has the Intake Air Sensor in it, other wise the MAPs work the same. Just shows pre throttle body pressure instead.

You usually have to add the actual static pressure to the reading to get the actual static reading I think. So if it's way off look into that.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,987 Posts
Check the fuel tank purge valve located by the intake manifold. It's on the hose that has the Ss in them. These will wax up with some fuels and leak. Not enough to trip evap codes though.

When it is idling rough, pinch this hose closed to see if the idle changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts