Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got a turbo 2013 3.8 seems like a upgraded radiator is highly recommended. I am new to this turbo 3.8 engine it is currently running at 6psi. I need some recommendations on which aftermarket radiator should I get Mishimoto? Koyo? CSF?

·
NOOB
167 Posts
CSF or Koyo. Mishimoto leaks. It's not really the OE radiator that you need to worry about, though. It's oil temperatures and, if automatic, transmission temperatures. Make sure your turbo setup has a good oil cooler and a good transmission cooler (if AT).

Still, better cooling never hurt and the CSF Performance Radiator fits both BK1 and BK2.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
CSF or Koyo. Mishimoto leaks. It's not really the OE radiator that you need to worry about, though. It's oil temperatures and, if automatic, transmission temperatures. Make sure your turbo setup has a good oil cooler and a good transmission cooler (if AT).

Still, better cooling never hurt and the CSF Performance Radiator fits both BK1 and BK2.
Not necessarily. Depends on the type of turbo used. Some have coolant to the carterage, others don't (basically these are designed for diesel engines. Diesel ETGs are colder than gasoline engine ETGs. Use a turbo timer with these)

With Automatics, you're going to be hard pressed to find an aftermarket radiator for it, because 99% of cars with automatics have the ATF cooler built into the radiator.
the ATF "cooler" is used more to warm up the ATF when it's cold.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks can you also recommend a transmission cooler for the 8 speeds AT?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts