Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im a new member and i have a 2013 2.0T with 41k Miles on the clock. I was driving home when a buddy of mine called me and said he saw smoke “pouring” out the rear. No tint to it, just white. Which i know white is water, so i think its head gasket. No water in oil or vise versa. I do live in Florida where it gets really muggy and humid out so I'm thinking its just water build up? It has stock exhaust on it and also seems to have a rich fuel smell on start up coming out the rear as well, which by my knowledge is just the car warming up? Im a 17 year old kid who knows more than most would think for my age, but im just trying to get a 2nd opinion on the matter to just double check my hypothesis, any help or questions you have that i haven't thought of will point me in the right direction!!! Thanks guys!!!

·
Advenio Pariter
3,955 Posts
White is generally water. 41k miles is pretty low. I have 132k miles on mine! Did the white smoke, or vapor. clear after a bit?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thats not entirely true, oil shows white as well.

For examole:
If the vacuum situation has changed even slightly, that can cause "seeping" or leaking in the exhaust side of the turbo's oil seals. This shows itself as white smoke.

Have you recently added or changed a catch can setup, a bad PCV can also do this.
As far as the coolant, one should look for noticeably dropping coolant levels, and/or pushed coolant into the reservoir. Those are tell tale of headgasket issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine did it really bad after i did an oil change a few weeks ago and was pouring soot out of the exhaust. ran it again the next day and drove for a bit and it fixed itself no smoke or soot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts