Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, i have a bk1 2.0T and im noticing white smoke when the car is warmed up coming from the tailpipes, its not alot, but its noticeable, mainly under hard acceleration. The white smoke ONLY appears when the car is warmed up. What can cause this problem? Here I put a video of how it looks:
Also i got the fault codes P0447 (Evaporative emission control - System vent control circuit open) and P0453 (Evaporative emission control - System pressure sensor hight input). I dont know what those codes means.
The car runs fine and i dont have any problems, only that white smoke.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
775 Posts
White smoke under acceleration often indicates a blown head gasket.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Its probably condensation or a slight leak inside the turbo. The seals suck and wear out over time so you possibly could be burning a little oil.
Does the smoke smell like coolant?
Fyi my car smokes and I have a replacement engine from Hyundai with 12k miles on it. It has always smoked a little due to condensation and being catless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its probably condensation or a slight leak inside the turbo. The seals suck and wear out over time so you possibly could be burning a little oil.
Does the smoke smell like coolant?
Fyi my car smokes and I have a replacement engine from Hyundai with 12k miles on it. It has always smoked a little due to condensation and being catless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
the turbo was inspected by the mechanic and says it is ok and not leaking there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts