Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I have searched the forums as well as google for advice on cleaning up my door paint. As of yet I have not found any consistent answers about my situation. I apologize in advance if this question has been answered before. My car is a 2010 gen coupe and I’m very happy with the paint job as a whole. It still shines like new and for the most part looks great after 9 years. The one blemish bothering me is a White streak that has formed on the door on both sides of the car. It originated behind the plastic window moulding and flows down the door. Cleaning and light polishing has made the stain less noticeable, but has not removed it entirely. I don’t know if it’s a water mark, rust stain or damage to the clear coat from washer fluid but I want to remove it. I’m not a detailing expert and other then monthly car washing I do little to maintain the finish. Can anyone shed some light on what’s causing my problem and the best way to go about fixing it.

Thank you For any suggestions,

Jordan

https://ibb.co/N6ByvNd

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
It looks like carwash soap, or somthing similar running out from behind the mirror and drying on the paint. Id try vinigar and water, or some light polishing compound followed up with a good wax. I wouldn't get too agressive though, if you remove the clear its going to look worse and need to be repainted.

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
It looks like carwash soap, or somthing similar running out from behind the mirror and drying on the paint. Id try vinigar and water, or some light polishing compound followed up with a good wax. I wouldn't get too agressive though, if you remove the clear its going to look worse and need to be repainted.
No. Use a craybar kit and then re-wax it.

Red, yellow, and I think white are non metalic, single stage paints... their's no clear coat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts