Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago, there was a site that built complete aftermarket engines for the coupes. There were maybe 3 different tiers. Who was that? I can't remember...

Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Sleeper!
825 Posts
If your looking to build your engine, I can definitely help you out with that as I build a lot of the communities engines. Just let me know and be more then happy to help out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your looking to build your engine, I can definitely help you out with that as I build a lot of the communities engines. Just let me know and be more then happy to help out.
Thanks, bro. What does your pricing look like?

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
This is bullsh!t... LOL, just buy my fully built 2.0 then have Travis(GenCoupe13 above) go over it for you. It's all forged Manley parts. I'll deliver it to him free of charge.

·
Sleeper!
825 Posts
This is bullsh!t... LOL, just buy my fully built 2.0 then have Travis(GenCoupe13 above) go over it for you. It's all forged Manley parts. I'll deliver it to him free of charge.
Thought you got rid of that thing by now haha. Yeah you can definitely purchase that engine from Taylor(Odelagt) and I can go over it. Feel free to message me if you'd like.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
Seriously, I'm almost dying to find this thing a legit home. It's such a beast in waiting. Lol, it's like I'm honor bound at this point:confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well then, seems I missed out on this opportunity lol. Didn't know there was a built 2.0T for sale around these parts.

Oh well, still working on building one with some friends. Bought a used 38K engine from a 2014 auto. Its already stripped down to the long block, just waiting on cams which should be here before the end of the month. I need to schedule my appointment with the machine shop.

·
Premium Member
15,281 Posts
Well then, seems I missed out on this opportunity lol. Didn't know there was a built 2.0T for sale around these parts.

Oh well, still working on building one with some friends. Bought a used 38K engine from a 2014 auto. Its already stripped down to the long block, just waiting on cams which should be here before the end of the month. I need to schedule my appointment with the machine shop.
You didn't really.

After the whole fiasco with their tuning solution, they pretty much stopped supporting the BKs.

And IMO it wasn't their fault, it was Power Axel's for making such a crappy over priced tuning module. Once tuned, the module was locked to the ECU and would have to pay like $90~$250 to have it unlocked.
For the amount for a module with a tune, you could have gotten a separate ECU with all the options for a 1.5 SFR can tune.

If you want a bullet proof block, I would buy a used engine, strip it down and send it to a machine shop, to get it resleeved, but since yours is an auto it's not needed since the transmission can only to ~450 hp, from what others have said.

I would tune (with supporting mods) for a higher than stock, flatter torque curve, not big hp numbers. It would make the power more usable.
I also suggest getting a lower gear'd diff. The auto has first and second geared so low IMO, that from a stop, it only use those gears for maybe a second in normal driving, not a pull.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
Good Point, My block has Darton sleeves and is pretty much outrageously overbuilt for the 5spd auto. All this dude needs is better pistons and maybe rods if he's feeling spendy. LOL

Also, the block has been "for sale" forever, but folks are weird and cheap around here(still love 'em, though) so I gave up on selling it some time ago. No normal person would have found it and inquired.

·
Registered
116 Posts
All I meant was I missed out that someone on the forum had a built Theta block for sale. Might have saved some time and effort. Still I don't mind all that much, I get to learn and experience the build first hand. Never taken an engine apart till now, thankfully I have some experienced friends helping me out.

My car is a 6-speed manual, so I have a spare flexplate I don't need if someone is looking for one. The engine was just out of a 2014 donor with 38,000 miles on it. Was the best deal I could find in a reasonable radius after watching for several months.

Already have a box full of engine parts, just waiting on a few more things before moving things to the machine shop. Will totally work on a build thread as complete nears closer.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
I'm sorry, Sir. Honestly, as I said it's on me. And let's not pretend it was actively being advertised as "for sale"... I dropped that ball years ago. You'd have to be a full forum autist to have found the original posting. I just haven't had the follow through or the patience to try and pound out "for sale" thread bumps over the years.

Concurrently I have a deep loathing for everything Facebook so I haven't even tried to post it to the groups or marketplace. I have been tempted to put it in some extremely inappropriate vehicles, though. It's not everybody's garage where you find a forged bottom end, gram balanced, sleeved, time-serted, ARP upgraded inline four built for boost. Should stick it in a shifter kart or something.

·
Dropping Knowledge
138 Posts
I'm sorry, Sir. Honestly, as I said it's on me. And let's not pretend it was actively being advertised as "for sale"... I dropped that ball years ago. You'd have to be a full forum autist to have found the original posting. I just haven't had the follow through or the patience to try and pound out "for sale" thread bumps over the years.

Concurrently I have a deep loathing for everything Facebook so I haven't even tried to post it to the groups or marketplace. I have been tempted to put it in some extremely inappropriate vehicles, though. It's not everybody's garage where you find a forged bottom end, gram balanced, sleeved, time-serted, ARP upgraded inline four built for boost. Should stick it in a shifter kart or something.
Sooo..... extra built 2.0 for how much?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts