Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one that's worn is the inside pad. The left front wheel pads have even wear. My calipers were filthy so I cleaned them, greased the plates and reinstalled. No more squealing from the fronts now which is why I removed them to begin with. Wondering if the caliper pistons need to be cleaned or replaced. The coupe is at 125k miles.
PHOTO_20200511_130129.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,461 Posts
regrease the slider pins if you have the non brembo brakes, on the side with less pad wear.

brembos, maybe have to replace or rebuild the caliper on the side with less pad wear.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're the Brembo calipers. The one least worn is what both pads look like on the left front. I've been getting it cleaned at drive thru car washes so maybe is time to start cleaning it myself so the grease doesn't get blasted out of there, otherwise I may have to regrease every oil change. I haven't bled the lines to check for bubbles yet. I've never had that problem in the past. I'm leaning toward removing the pistons for a cleaning with dirty pistons being a possible culprit.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,889 Posts
Have you bled them good? Maybe some air is in the side with less wear? Do the outside pistons first.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to bleed the caliper and see if that helps. Got the Hawk performance ceramic pads in so will replace them too and monitor the sitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts