Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
First off you are wrong! Have ur buddy pull up next to msugeomans genesis and tell me his car isnt for real. These cars have a TON of potential and that is just starting to progress. This is a real car, and can out perform a ton of other cars on the markets.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
I hope you brought your flamesuit gencoupe17. I'm not sure if you're trying to troll us or what, but since you want this discussion to happen I've moved it outside of a vendor's thread to a more appropriate place where it will get many more views. ;)

Also, you do realize that your idea of always saving up for something better means that in the end you end up with nothing, right? Why get the next generation of vehicle when the 2017 model could be twice as good? Etc...

You ever stop to think that maybe while you were cruising in your friend's "sick evo" and downshifting next to "these genesis coupe guys" who slowed down and changed lanes that they did it because they thought you were being a douche, rather than backing away from a challenge? The night I bought my GTI some kids in an SRT4 were doing the same thing, so I just kept going and ignored them.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
OP is funny.

Should research the car you bought more and find out that it's actually a great platform to play with...

EVO and STi's are highly over rated. They were great 10 years ago.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
This thread is going to get fun...IBTL :rofl:

Why modofy any car? Someone will always be faster. My buddy drives an 07 Vette. He modified it. In fact we just put two piece rotors on it yesterday. He drives that car slower than a grandma driving a Corolla. His car will always be faster than mine. So why did either of us put any money into our cars?

I have kids in there Evo's/STI etc. want to run me everyday. I have never once taken them up on there challenge. Npt because I thought I was going to lose, but because I really couldn't care less that some kids car is faster than mine. I spend money on my car for me, no one else.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
OP is funny.

Should research the car you bought more and find out that it's actually a great platform to play with...

EVO and STi's are highly over rated. They were great 10 years ago.
I agree, the EVOs and STIs might be great cars but to me they are fugly, the 4 door design kills it for me.

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
clearly OP is either a JDM Troll, or is the wrong audience for this forum. Either way, I will never take anything he says seriously from now on.

·
Eh Hee
335 Posts
why would you guys spend money on daily driving cars?
Just drive as is and save money for a real car. Hyundai is just stepping up when JDM has already stepped way up there.

1) Are you asking why mod this car or any car? Sounds like you are against modding any car?

2) The JDM market has been around for years so therefore it is a much wider market. Hyundai has just gotten into the game but has produced a platform in the Genesis Coupe that screams to be modded. Anyone in the know can tell you that the solid platform of the coupe was destined for the track.

3) It looks better than any of the cars you mentioned in your OP. I respect the Subbie and Evo but they aren't terribly attractive IMO and have 4drs. Plus, I am not keen on AWD. I live in the south and don't need it and like RWD...just preference. I am assumming you meant S2000 = too small for me but it does look good.

4) The Genesis Coupe just looks good. I don't care if it was Hyundai - Toyota - or Dihatsu who had released it. Well maybe not Dihatsu but it's still just a good looking car, far better than the afore mentioned vehicles.

5) Why would I want to mod any JDM car? So I can be like the other 8 trillion out there modding a car that has been riced or modded in every possible manner. You still end up being just another Civic with a bunch of crap every other Civic has on it.

My question to you is this. If you are going to mod a car, why NOT the Genesis Coupe?

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
Seriously? Tuning/modding is a hobby like any other. Its for those who want their car to be genuinely theirs and to have fun with it. I like the idea of modding because I can look outside and see something that I think is damn sexy and sounds/feels good too!

So, does this logic apply to other things in your life as well? When the next latest greatest thing comes out do you just abandon the things you love in order to play into the fad?

The GenCoupe is an awesome car man, and when things are awesome people always try to make then even more awesome and personal! Its individuality, its art man. To take away the spirit of modding is likened to taking away any other form of expression or culture. What are you the thought police? WHO SENT YOU!!!

For the record, I would rather have my 306hp RWD coupe than a AWD prone-to-understeer BUS!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Wow, i dont even know where to start. Why modify any car? how about because it fun, its hobby. And who said anybody was street racing their dd?

OP...you fail...at life

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I have to admit that hyundai can not compete Japanese cars yet. Hyundai is just stepping up when JDM has already stepped way up there.
You are correct on this point, Hyundai can't compete with Toyota. Toyota has way more recalls than Hyundai. Damn quality control.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, the OP doesn't really seem like he's on the right forum. Why join this forum if you want to buy a new EVO or STI? I mean my last car was a 2005 Dodge Ram, and I spent money to modify it, is that wrong?I honestly think it's wrong of you to state that what we are doing by spending money modding the Gen is useless. But hey, that's just my opinion. I wouldn't flame you for saying you want to spend money on whatever you drive, that's just rude. You probably don't have many friends do you? Back on topic, I think I'll spend the money that I've worked for and earned on whatever I want. Is that alright with you? I'm Korean too by the way, and I think Hyundai is doing an amazing job. Why don't you go find yourself a nice Japanese girl that will put up with your antics and not worry about me spending MY money on MY car. I'm proud to be a Korean, and honestly would not want my grandparents and great grandparents to roll over in their graves because I would rather go Japanese than Korean. Not to bash Japanese people or products, but I would think that if you knew anything about Korean history, you wouldn't mind supporting the Korean market over the Japanese one... Sorry for the novel of a post guys, I just don't like ignorant people.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Why mod Evos and STIs? Those garbage cars can never catch upto a modified GT-R :dunno:

See what I did there? If you really want something that's fast as hell and can destroy 99% of other cars on the track, save your money for an Atom 500.

Stop trolling.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
why'd you buy a Genesis? just go buy a civic for 16k and don't mod it then save up for 4 years and buy your new STi... then you shoulda just waited another 4 years for even newer cars. maybe you should never buy a car cause new ones always come out!!!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
why would you guys spend money on daily driving cars?
Just drive as is and save money for a real car.
That's what I am doing.
Which one would you choose genesis coupe or other remodeled sports cars (S3000, New STI, EVO)coming out in couple of years.
Would you try to race a modified sti with your modded genesis coupe?
When I see them approaching, I simply try to ignore them.LOL
It's not just me. Same for other genesis coupe owners.
One time, I cruised in my friend's sick evo and these genesis coupe guys slow down or change the lanes when I downshifted next to them.

My point is just try to save some money until new remodeled cars come out.
I love Genesis coupe and I own one myself. But, I would never spend my money on modifying this car. And many people still think hyundai is just hyundai. It pisses me off maybe because I am a Korean. So what? I have to admit that hyundai can not compete Japanese cars yet. Hyundai is just stepping up when JDM has already stepped way up there.
Wow, you've got to be one of the dumbest people around. Nuff said.

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Ignorance is bliss and in this case an obvious hater!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts