Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SFR & BTR r the only game in town. My SFR tune sucks. Please someone who is a former tech for Hyundai come forward and offer me a tune I can rely on so I can get my BC stroker kit and have confidence that I can get a tune to enhance my mods!!

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
1. Closed source ECU
2. Tiny market share
3. The crooked H is not sexy to tuner's portfolios
4. GC owners are (generally speaking) cheap bastards

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you are going full-on stroker motor then a re-flashed OEM ECU isn't going to be the best solution no matter how good the programming is.

For the best reliability and performance on a drastically altered engine you'll want to run an after-market ECU. If you have a BK2 car you're out of luck, but if you have a BK1 car then Haltech has you covered. A little outfit called Blackbird Engineering has developed a plug-and-play harness adapter for the BK1 GenCoupe V6:

Haltech Engine Management

It works with a Haltech Elite 2500 ECU and HPI6 ignition module. Alphaspeed has developed a base map which you could build off of for your stroker motor. Unlike the BTR/SFR duopoly on the OEM GenCoupe ECU, there are dozens upon dozens of different tuners that can work on Haltech ECU hardware.

The OEM ECU hardware can't hold a candle to the Haltech Elite 2500. All the extra performance and features of the Haltech will allow any good tuner to build you a rock-solid engine management system that will be drastically more stable than hacked OEM hardware. Going Haltech also makes it way easier to re-tune your engine. If you make further mods or changes after your initial tune you don't have to go to SFR or BTR to get a re-flash. You should be able to find a local tuner in your area that can adjust the tune on your Haltech very easily.

If you want to do a serious stroker build then use serious ECU hardware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts