Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. the title says it all. I have a base model genesis 2.0 and would like to buy track model HID headlights.. wondering if they will plug and play or if this is not a possibility.. Thank you for your insight.. :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
most HID kits are made for this, although you may need a relay harness depending on the wattage you plan on going with.

Otherwise instead of the HID kit, which usually includes Ballasts, Relay harness, HID bulbs.

You'd just need new bulbs if your car was already pre-equipped for HIDs.

Whoops misread your question,

They should plug and play, only thing that won't plug and play is the "auto-on" connector. Ballasts and everything is inside the Track headlight housing.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
rspectx had them installed on his car. They are definitely plug and play for the main part

·
Thrice a charm
669 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hids

It will be much cheaper to get a nice set of aftermarket hids and they will still plug and play as long as you don't try to go too high with the wattage. I put an aftermarket set in my Gen coupe and didn't have to cut any wiring at all. I just plugged the spade connectors from the hid kit directly into the spade slots on the factory light plugs and mounted the balasts, and they have worked perfectly for about six months now. It's about a fifteen minute install from start to finish.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aftermarket HIDS

hi.. I was wondering which set of aftermarket HIDS you had put on your car. Are you speaking of a conversion kit? Please do explain more in detail because I chose not to go with buying the OEM HIDs..
Kristi:hello:

It will be much cheaper to get a nice set of aftermarket hids and they will still plug and play as long as you don't try to go too high with the wattage. I put an aftermarket set in my Gen coupe and didn't have to cut any wiring at all. I just plugged the spade connectors from the hid kit directly into the spade slots on the factory light plugs and mounted the balasts, and they have worked perfectly for about six months now. It's about a fifteen minute install from start to finish.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Which brand do you have and where did you get them?

·
Registered
522 Posts
i installed an aftermarket hid kit, and sometimes when i turned the lights on, only one side would come on...i had to turn the lights off and turn them back on and then both sides would work...when i would drive the hid bulbs looked like they were "bouncing" around the inside of the headlight. so i bought a set of KDM HID factory headlights for $700, which included the clear corner reflectors. one of the best purchases i have made so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
which specific model did you get for your car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts