Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this car for a couple of months and it's already going to the shitter.

For some odd reason, the mechanism that is supposed to pull the window down 1/4 of an inch so that the door can open/close, only works about half the time.

the other half when it actually does go down the door slams like a freaking brick got thrown at the side of the door.

When I first got the car it was really nice and the doors would open and close really smoothly and make a cool hydraulic noise.

It's even hard to open up the door, I have to yank on the handle a bit so that it opens correctly.

The second thing going on is there is a click in the drivers side window when I'm rolling it down, this tells me something has to be broken!

If I take it to the dealership, will they fix it under warranty? I mean shouldnt a brand new car have everything working?

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
I have problems with mine in the winter. Works craptastically during the winter.Seems to work fine in the warmer months. If you're having an issue and it's warm where you are, I'd say take it to get looked at.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Take them into to the dealer, because the window parts are covered 5yrs/60k miles & even adjusting them is covered 12mos/12k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Southern California so it never gets below 50 degrees here.

I'm glad it comes with this warranty. Another thing is my trunk doesn't pop up. when I push the button, it unlocks and I have to pull it off. Will that be covered under warranty as well?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I live in Southern California so it never gets below 50 degrees here.

I'm glad it comes with this warranty. Another thing is my trunk doesn't pop up. when I push the button, it unlocks and I have to pull it off. Will that be covered under warranty as well?
I believe that is normal. Unlike the Sonata, where the trunk pops up by itself. Our cars you have to manually pull it up (Annoying when you have your hands full!)

·
Procrastinator
474 Posts
My windows sometimes don't go down when it's very cold, but I found it's mostly when moisture got into the door. Like after a sunny day of ice melting down your windows, that night the windows would give me problems. After driving for a bit with the heat, they would start working again when the ice in the doors thawed out. As far as the trunk, it's normal. It only pops up out of the locks enough for you to pull it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did this ever get resolved? Mine is doing the exact same thing. It freaks out and goes up and down with the door open and often stays up or down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine did the same thing for a while. Dealer said it was normal like usual. Seemed to fix itself somehow though, hasnt done it for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts