Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear window on my genesis will sometimes open during a heavy storm or driving through a car wash. The dealership has no clue. This first time it happened we drove directly to our local dealer and they did nothing. I emailed Hyundai and they would not provide me with a solution. They said I had to take it to a dealership. When I told them I had they suggested I go to another dealership. Unfortunately it is 200 miles round trip to one. Our mechanic has contacted other dealerships and they do not have an answer. Has anybody had this problem and can tell me what the causes this and how to repair it.

·
Premium Member
16,466 Posts
The rear window on my genesis will sometimes open during a heavy storm or driving through a car wash. The dealership has no clue. This first time it happened we drove directly to our local dealer and they did nothing. I emailed Hyundai and they would not provide me with a solution. They said I had to take it to a dealership. When I told them I had they suggested I go to another dealership. Unfortunately it is 200 miles round trip to one. Our mechanic has contacted other dealerships and they do not have an answer. Has anybody had this problem and can tell me what the causes this and how to repair it.
rear windows?
forum is for the coupe... but if I had to guess, if it's like the coupe windows (frameless door windows), when you open the door, the windows drops maybe a 1/4 inch, and go backup when closed.
The way the windows know to go up or down is by the door "ajar" button.
On the door frame (on the body) there should be some sort of button that is pressed down when the door is closed. press it with the door open, and see if the window goes up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 genesis randomly does this to me aswell.. the car does have decompression and at first I figured because it was just because the window seal was so cold. Sometimes during the winter, I try to do my window fast, only to have it drop down further than it was in the first place . I literally have to pull it up to try and help it .
I've have this issue once entering a glide wash car wash, scanned my ticket, drove onto the pad and while slowly get sucked into the car wash, im fighting my window to go up all the way
I've had it looked at and they told me its a weak motor inside the door , and I'd have to replace it. But it only does it periodically and its done it for years now .
There are so many electrical problems that come and go.. my sunroof switch sticks, my drivers seat sometimes loses its rerverse, my drivers window does that phantom thing.. and i just put a post up about how my trunk lets in water every time it rains.. I also have a Knocking sound coming from my left rear wheel.. think its a bearing maybe..or a arm needs adjusted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts