Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my genesis coupe back in May of this year, it only has 8000 Km on it and im already having problems with the power window motor. Two weeks ago hyundai replace my driver side window motor because it was making a noise when the window would finish going up. This weekend after about -20 degree celesius weather, my passenger window is now making the same noise as my driver side was before, and now my driver side window is starting to act up again. Anyone experience this and any suggestions on what may be causing this, cause the motor is only two weeks old and its starting to act up again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My driver side window does that as well probably because it's so cold out right now. As soon as the temperature rises, it'll just go away unless you live in a cold place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your probably trying to put your window down with ice on it, and either water is screwing with the motor, or so much pressure is toasting the motors, and screwing them up, mans fault not maching :) lol

in the meantime screw it, if they are replacing it under warranty, good stuff!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice I figured the cold might have something to do with cause it starts acting up after we get a really cold snap here. The only thing is the stupid window goes down when you open the door and the window rises when close the door and after your car setting in the freezing cold for about nine hours it will cause damage to the motor I guess.

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
yep, frozen window tuck syndrome lol. I haven't been worrying about it, I just have to pull the door closed with a bit more encouragement. Keep on your dealer and get them to replace any window motors under warranty, hopefully they get it right and the problem goes away. I haven't heard of anyone's window motor actually frying due to this issue though. Get some silicone spray and spray the mating surfaces. Works mint for stopping the window freeze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny thing is i did alot of searching on this problem and it seems alot of people are having this problem. Called Hyundai Canada about the problem, they said they have never heard of such a thing. My dealer will just keep replacing the motor, but i guess i will wait till spring, to see if it makes the noise. Its a pain going to the dealer the part is on back order probably end up waiting 2-3 weeks for it, like i did for the driver side motor, which is starting to act up again, along with the passenger window.

·
Registered
14 Posts
driver's window does not go up or down

I went to the Post office 1/28/11 and pushed the button to roll down my window to mail some bills, it made a most terrible grinding sound and the window just fell to the bottom of the door. Tried to make it go up with the switch but it just made more grinding nosie, window did not go up at all.
Since I had to go out of town that morning I was able to pull it up manually and kind of hold it up by using a few pieces of duct tape.
I am taking it to the dealer this morning.
I have had this car 14 months and only roll the window down and up about 3 to 5 times a month. Makes me wonder about quality of Coupe! My previous car (Honda Accord) had 4 power windows and in the 11 years I owned it never had a problem with any window opetation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im really disappointed with the quailty of the power windows, i searched this problem, on other internet sites and found a bunch of genesis coupe owners who are having problems with there windows. I owned a GM for 10 years with power windows, and not once had any problems with the window motors. Hyundai tried to be fancy with the frameless windows what a big mistake on there part.

·
CBO(CHIEF BEER OFFICER)
104 Posts
mine makes a **whirring** noise when it closes window gap (didn't before) after door is shut and theres a smudgy film on window inside?? Dealer looked at it and found no issue tried to say it was Armour All on inside of rubber strip! So I asked to replace it (strip) still smudgy...is my teflon coated tint a contributor?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Im really disappointed with the quailty of the power windows, i searched this problem, on other internet sites and found a bunch of genesis coupe owners who are having problems with there windows. I owned a GM for 10 years with power windows, and not once had any problems with the window motors. Hyundai tried to be fancy with the frameless windows what a big mistake on there part.
Depends on the GM car. Every one of my Camaros ate power window motors. It was becoming regular maintenance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is now Dec. 2 2011, my driver side window mechanism failed again ! Failed regulator again. I have 10 months and 4500 miles since the last failure. Dealer did not know of any factory buletins on this. At least it broke in the up position this time.
I noticed that the 1/2 inch up/down movement that it makes when opening the door did not happen so I did not use the window and got in to th esealer the next day. What is wrong ? About to say change the oil and fix the window !

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is not a Cold problem since I am in Texas and it has not been below freezing for months I also keep my Coupe garaged so no moisture problems either.

·
Carpe Cras
92 Posts
This just started to happen to my coupe. It sounds like a small motor is still spinning after the window is fully up.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The noise I received when putting window up was due to window regulator. I have had 4 replaced so far. Dealer told me its being redesigned because the motor is too powerful for the current regulator. Should be out next month if he is not bsing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same here in phoenix AZ have had several replaced @ the tempe, but yet every time they act like it is something they have never seen before. Weird, getting old though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Im from Phoenix too. 4 now replaced lol. If the guy at the dealership was telling truth hyundai is redesigning them and should be out next month.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This just happened to my Gen, if you look at the motor the gear it turns to make the window go up and down is connected to a *plastic* gear and has a metal cable that coils up headed to the dealer :( hope the newly designed piece is out now so i dont have to do this again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not a temperature issue

Im from Phoenix too. 4 now replaced lol. If the guy at the dealership was telling truth hyundai is redesigning them and should be out next month.
I'm in the Phoenix area, it's October and the weather is beautiful. I have just over 11,000 miles on my 2011 Gen Coupe and just had to have the passenger side regulator replace. Fortunately it was under warranty. It's now two days later and the driver side is doing the same thing. It's going back into the shop on Monday.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ask them if they have the redesigned regulators yet. Would be good to know if this was true from my dealership or not. I dont see how it cannot be true though as this is a serious problem that will never stop.

I'm in the Phoenix area, it's October and the weather is beautiful. I have just over 11,000 miles on my 2011 Gen Coupe and just had to have the passenger side regulator replace. Fortunately it was under warranty. It's now two days later and the driver side is doing the same thing. It's going back into the shop on Monday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts