Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an R-spec 3.8,, red with red leather. It does not have a spoiler.

Should I get one? Do you think it improves the look? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Well if u got the factory one it would look just like a track model...... I personally got the spec because it DIDNT have the spoiler and other creature comforts the other models had (plus it is lighter).... Just how I like it, but that's me. I also don't like any color paint other than black (except when I have to try to keep it looking good haha)

Reactions: tyler535

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a premium model before (canadian) i got the spoiler put on and i loved the difference it made. I currently have an rspec. Out in canada it comes with the spoiler. I think it adds more character to the back. But as someone already said, in the end its your car!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Unless you need a wing for something I say don't get it. It slows down your vMax, it's more weight, useless on the street 99% of the time and hurts acceleration at higher speeds.

Does it make your look more like a racecar? Sure. If you have a full body kit it helps to control airflow and at the track it'd be great to have. Does it look good? Up to you.

In drag racing or autocross it only hurts performance.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
816 Posts
I have a 2012 Track and love the wing for the racier look. I do however like the lip spoilers for the same reason, and the lip looks better in my opinion. It's there and looks great, but not so much "in your face!"

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I like these. Spoilers come in every shape and size

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I realize I'm in the minority when it comes to spoilers but spoilers are like wheels and other cosmetic upgrades, everyone has their own opinion. I would say most people agree with you!! ^^

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haha, yes! What you think looks great, I may not and vice versa. Each person has their own car and the right to customize it in whatever ways they want! That's the beauty of modding a car, you get to do what you want!

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,109 Posts
It's the red wheels and badge that kills it for me, looks like a Hot Wheels car, I actually like the GT-R style wing though, to each their own.

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
Get what you want, your car. I added the wing from the ultimate to my rspec when I bought it. Personally (key factor here) think it looks better, but some think otherwise.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think the car needs something in the rear to give it a more finished look. I don't care much for big spoilers, so I went with the BBM.

Also, if you comment on how it slows you down I'll just assume you are stupid. Yes, it technically does in some cases, but there are maybe only 3 people on this entire forum that are racing at a competitive level where it will even become a factor. Therefore that should be a non factor. Its not like you are tying a parachute and an anvil onto the back of the car for Christ's sake...

Do whatever you like. You will find that you will never please everyone and someone will always be the "hipster" of car modding and hate on whatever is mainstream.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I realize I'm in the minority when it comes to spoilers but spoilers are like wheels and other cosmetic upgrades, everyone has their own opinion. I would say most people agree with you!! ^^
Wheels were a functional upgrade for me and cosmetic second. But yeah. We all do what we love.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have always likes to have some kind of spoiler on all my cars, no matter how subtle. A car without one doesn't look sporty and as someone else said "unfinished". The spoiler on my Track model is about as aggressive as I like though. Don't care for the "mile high" spoilers.

Same for my sons FRS. They just look plain with nothing. His has a very small spoiler and it really sets the car off in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts