Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the wing emblems to replace the Hyundai emblems for my 3.8 Track.

Where can I go to get it put on? I dont want to do it myself since i dont want to mess it up... and there are few places where they show you step by step how to do it yourself... but still...

I live near Downtown Los Angeles, if that helps anyone to refer a place for me where i can get my new wing emblems inserted...

Please help. Thanks in advance! really appreciate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... i would do it, but i just dont want to damage any part of my car or mess it up. i would rather have a professional hand take a look at them.

..but if it's really easy... where can i find a descriptive step by step on how to do it for both the front and the back?

if there is something like that and seems easy enough... i might attempt to do it on my own.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you cant replace a simple thing as the emblems than you sir are going to be spending a lot of money on labor for future car parts you buy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
You can use the back of a hammer and pry right off they are plastic clips that pop out. When you get them all out the liner just drops out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can use the back of a hammer and pry right off they are plastic clips that pop out. When you get them all out the liner just drops out.
oh ok! those are just pop offs. alright. see, those smalls things are things im not sure of... and they're not specifically mentioned in that tutorial either... and Thanks!!

...what else do i need to know?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
When you get it off one screw is easy to get to the other you will need a thin philips screw driver and be patient to get the right angle to get to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok... so there are these 2 rubber caps poping out on the trunk lid holding up the carpet...

do i just pull them off? im scared i might rip it or damage something.

and there's couple plastic round caps all over the carpet holding it up... what do i do with them? just pry them off?

...now for the front... i popped my hood and removed the 6 screws as instructed by that link provided earlier to that other post. Then i tried to pull back that lid... to find the screw.... it's really deep in there. seems very difficult to reach... But even after i get those 2 screws out... what then? the descriptions get a bit vague at that point. and what if while trying to unscrew those 2 screws... it gets dropped since its deep in that difficult far-to-reach area?.... im just worried. lol.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Heat up the back one with a hair dryer, then carefully pry it off with an old credit card or fishing line. its really easy. those black tabs will come off with the emblem. for the front, most ppl just break it off without any damage to the grill. im really weary about hurting my car too, and was suprised at how easy this was

And,as others mentioned, this info is already elsewhere on the forum, just search.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heat up the back one with a hair dryer, then carefully pry it off with an old credit card or fishing line. its really easy. those black tabs will come off with the emblem. for the front, most ppl just break it off without any damage to the grill. im really weary about hurting my car too, and was suprised at how easy this was

And,as others mentioned, this info is already elsewhere on the forum, just search.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using AutoGuide.Com Free App
What's the heating up for? Is it to remove the adhesive from the emblem? Is the Hyundai emblem both bolted on with screws and stuck on with an adhesive?

And when i heat it and then pry the emblem off with a fishing line or whatever... what happens to the bolt holding it? does it just fall into the trunk lid??

Also... for the front... break it off?!? like just hammer it and smash it?! .... uhhh.... really?? is this one not also bolted and with adhesive??... ><

·
Registered
483 Posts
The heat will loosen the adhesive. It's both stuck on with adhesive and with two screws, but the screws simply pull out with the emblem if you pull evenly. Nothing will fall anywhere.

No, don't hit your car with a hammer... You can carefully break it in sections with pliers. There is no adhesive on the front emblem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Front emblem, you can take a flat screw driver and carefully lift the end and then grab it with some pliers and pull and twist it off, probably will break into pieces. It is held on by little flat clips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And the wing emblems... when i got them, i noticed that they only had adhesive strips on the back...

Are the adhesive all that's required to stick this on and keep it on? or do i have to bolt them on with screws as well?

i dont want to find out one day when i look at my car and the emblems are missing... because they fell off...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just tape on the new ones.

Did you get the back and front emblems off?
no, not yet. I'm trying to get as much information about this as possible before i do it and mess something up...

And will those adhesives on its own keep them from falling off even through harsh conditions?

·
Mature Speeder
717 Posts
I just ordered a set of the chrome "art of speed" wings the other day. I'll post once they're on.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
no, not yet. I'm trying to get as much information about this as possible before i do it and mess something up...

And will those adhesives on its own keep them from falling off even through harsh conditions?
Which wings did you order, some have 3m brand tape on the back and that is best.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts