Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
I've never driven mine in the snow. It seldom gets driven in the rain (drive something else if I need to go and it's raining, but sometimes I'm out when it starts raining and it gets wet).

I drove my IROC in the snow all the time. But the IROC was used when I got it and the Coupe was my first new car in 35 years, so I babied it more.

Registered
Gotta love when the temp starts dropping alot. Cars run harder, tires get stiffer and the pavement gets colder. Perfect for getting sideways and having some real fun 馃槒
Yessir! I'm in Florida, so rarely gets under 50 degrees. Was 46 the other morning and Genny was loving gulping that cold air in! Can feel a surge in mid-range torque, and with the summer tires not heated up yet, was easy to let her get sideways. LOL

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yessir! I'm in Florida, so rarely gets under 50 degrees. Was 46 the other morning and Genny was loving gulping that cold air in! Can feel a surge in mid-range torque, and with the summer tires not heated up yet, was easy to let her get sideways. LOL
Oh yeah. With it being around 0c at night all week and around 10c during the day the roads have really cooled off so it's been a breeze to kick her out sideways around corners. And yeah the engine loves that cool air.

Registered
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Premium
Mine goes away in the winter 馃槩

Reactions: lvdukerider

Registered
I don't really like it when it gets cold, as the heating bills come in and I also have to change my tires. Gas is now becoming more expensive, we have to spend more money on insulating the house, replacing radiators with new traditional ones, we are waiting for a hard winter this year. By the way, if you also want to replace your heating, then I advise taking traditional radiators on sale here, as they are now on discounts and models look very stylish.

Registered
Daily'd mine for the last 12 years... I live in alaska.
Now that is something even I cant challenge. Comparing our winter with here in Stockholm.
We dont get huge amount of snow, but here they put heated road salt and shingels on the roads.

My Winter prep:
I am running studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta Winter Tires on 18" boring looking rims
Full Service end of this month, battery check / battery replacement.
Machine waxing end of October.
Wax or fat on doors and window seal.
Changing the textile floor mats to rubber mats

Oh and today I am fitting a stainless steel exhaust from solo performance.

Registered
I have preprared my car with this jumpstarterkit. And I have seen these in actions starting up 6 liter diesel engines in minus 20c with dead batteries.

Also, you should not jump start cars with cables because it can blow back on your car and ruin your computer.

I got this from Amazon for 75USD and its 22500 mA with a 2500A Max Boost.

Gadget Audio equipment Cable Electronic engineering Auto part

I'd rather do it myself
I added 8" of insulation in the attic last winter. Didn't really notice much as winter was half over but this summer really made a huge diff in the AC. Hoping to see the same for a whole heating season too.

I don't drive the coupe in the winter. But my winter car is broke. Needs a clutch and a motivated owner. But winter coming is good motivation. I'm waiting till it's jeans weather, Got the parts. 185k miles on OE clutch and the yoke dried out and hangs up when it gets hot.

I'd rather do it myself
I grew up in Northern Illinois working on cars, towing, and snow plowing. I know road salt is a necessary evil to prevent accidents but I hate what that stuff does to cars.
The use a lot of calcium chloride now. Not nearly as corrosive and it's sprayed for minimal application. But with the deep snow they still use the rock salt.

Registered
I have preprared my car with this jumpstarterkit. And I have seen these in actions starting up 6 liter diesel engines in minus 20c with dead batteries.

Also, you should not jump start cars with cables because it can blow back on your car and ruin your computer.

I got this from Amazon for 75USD and its 22500 mA with a 2500A Max Boost.

View attachment 79096
I've had somthing similar for several years. It works great and I've rescued myself and many others using this little jump start pack.
Font Gadget Automotive lighting Audio equipment Plant

Registered
I've had somthing similar for several years. It works great and I've rescued myself and many others using this little jump start pack.
View attachment 79097
This piece look just like mine, albeit mine is 2500A Peak Power, I am not flexing @lvdukerider it just goes to say how this piece of equipment have evolved for the past couple of years.
Cool that you have something like this, in the desert. Oh yeah... now when I think of it... I rather be stranded in a snow landscape than the desert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts