Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have their car stored indoors for the winter? I've been looking at getting a storage unit capable of fitting a car inside and using it sort of like a garage when there's snow on the ground.

Any thoughts? Also anyone in Montgomery County, Maryland even know of a storage place around here that you could get a car into?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've found a place near me that wants $260 a month for a 10x20 unit. Anyone have an idea if this is way high or a good price?

·
Registered
291 Posts
i stored a car in kansas while i was in iraq...they only charged me about half that, maybe because its kansas but i would keep shopping around...winter in halfway done anyway

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i stored a car in kansas while i was in iraq...they only charged me about half that, maybe because its kansas but i would keep shopping around...winter in halfway done anyway
I don't know if it makes any difference, but this is for a separate 10x20 storage unit that's climate controlled (I believe) and has drive-up access. Works out to $3,100 a year but I do think it's too much.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
My house has a carport that I keep it under for the winter. I hung some tarps on both sides to act as walls, and it's fine.

Probably much cheaper alternative to look for a carport, instead of an inside deal that is climate control. (who cares if its climate control)

Also, why would you be renting it for a year? You only need it for like 3-4 months.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My house has a carport that I keep it under for the winter. I hung some tarps on both sides to act as walls, and it's fine.

Probably much cheaper alternative to look for a carport, instead of an inside deal that is climate control. (who cares if its climate control)

Also, why would you be renting it for a year? You only need it for like 3-4 months.
Well I'd probably be renting it for more then a year. I was thinking of sticking my other car in there whenever I was using the Genesis in the summer (since there's not much parking on my street). Also I was going to keep my extra wheels, extra parts, etc there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts