Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone given any thought on what size of snow tires will be a good match for the Coupe?

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
I haven't really yet, but I plan on running either Blizzaks or trying to find out what the Kuhmos were that I was running on my Supra Turbo. I'm hoping to be able to find either 16" or 17" steelies and tires that won't mess with my speedometer.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Use this calculator to aim for smaller winter tires (smaller just in the inner diamter : 16, 17,18...)

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

Put the stock tire size (18's or 19's)

under you may try different size width profile to fit the tire's overall diameter.

Depending of which model you'll buy...be aware of the brakes clearance, especially with the stock Brembo)

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
Based off that calculator, I'm thinking that I might go with 225/55/16 up front with a speedometer difference of +0.886% and maybe 225/60/16 out back with a speedometer difference of +0.218%, as long as they fit over the stock brakes, which I am sure that they would.

Someone please enlighten me if I'm making a horrible mistake here.

(Stock wheel sizes: 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like Brandon1987's idea of going go to a slightly narrower winter tire on the rear to improve the pressure /unit area. Also like the higher profile to help to absorb the shock when hitting any of the potholes that suddenly appears during the early spring in our area. Would have preferred the same size winter tire front and back , but this is a sports car.

What are your guys' experience with the fact that one cannot rotate the tyres. This will be my first car with different sizes of tires that is why I am asking. I am a fairly mild driver - at least most of the time :D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably going to have to stow mine GC away for atleast 7-10 days, i'm from new england area and dont expect it to take me to work in 6in of snow... def going to have to look into this as well though ;\

·
Alberta Genesis Club
4,135 Posts
I think some/most aftermarket 17s will fit around the non-brembos.
16s... probably not, but I'll try to find out soon.

Planning on using the 215/55/17s I already have, if I can get 17s on the car. They're only 1.4% off, which is so minor it'll be absorbed by speedometer error.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I know 100% the 16"s will not work with any.

For the Brembo's my dealer said 18" is the smallest, and for non-Brembos they weren't 100% sure but Hyundai recommends 18"s as well but as mentioned maybe there is a 17" combo that may work

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
Ok, so no 16"s, correct me if I am wrong though, isn't the spare a 17" wheel? If that is the case, we know for sure that 17"s will fit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know if the Genesis sedan's wheels will fit the coupe? I wouldn't mind a couple of those designs (18") with all seasons or snows

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know if the Genesis sedan's wheels will fit the coupe? I wouldn't mind a couple of those designs (18") with all seasons or snows

Probably have to start at the bolt pattern. What I have seen is that the coupe has a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 I could not find the offset specification

·
Registered
51 Posts
Probably have to start at the bolt pattern. What I have seen is that the coupe has a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 I could not find the offset specification
I looked into a sedan forum and someone had posted this for the sedan: "The wheel requirements for the Genesis are 5x114.3 (4.5"), with an offset ranging from +35 to +45. On my Genesis, the original wheels are Dunlop SP 500 tires P235/50R18 with 18" rims."
Sounds like they are hopefully similar coupe to sedan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok, so no 16"s, correct me if I am wrong though, isn't the spare a 17" wheel? If that is the case, we know for sure that 17"s will fit.
Depends on the design of the rim. I don't see any 17's with a deep dish working out. With the right 17" rim it should work no problem though (provided it's not the Brembo equipped model)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just check on Tire Rack and if you go for 18's there is only one choice

*I can't post link cuz i'm new to forum, scroll up to check the link he posted*
I checked this out too but thought it's kind of pricey for my budget

There's a thread somewhere in here that the guy got a 17'' on no problem i just don't remember the link....

I'll be gettin mine in September and I live in Canada so winter is gonna be a big problem with RWD....so i really do need some good/safe winter tires...any suggestions? I'm willing to go with the cheap 17 ''steele rims and get some rli good snow tires...or just rli good 18'' tires

·
Alberta Genesis Club
4,135 Posts
I checked this out too but thought it's kind of pricey for my budget

There's a thread somewhere in here that the guy got a 17'' on no problem i just don't remember the link....

I'll be gettin mine in September and I live in Canada so winter is gonna be a big problem with RWD....so i really do need some good/safe winter tires...any suggestions? I'm willing to go with the cheap 17 ''steele rims and get some rli good snow tires...or just rli good 18'' tires
http://www.gencoupe.com/exterior/11719-17-wheels-will-fit-non-brembo-brakes.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts