Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 572 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
McFly, I think it's time to change your user titled under your name to "Psycho."

Good news, Glenn Hyundai and I have come to an agreement. I am now taking the next step, and changing every one of my posts to reflect that "This was a misunderstanding and we have come to an agreement."

I'll give the details of the agreement once everything has been finalized.

Thanks so much for all the help that you've all given me.
edit: damn, they caved fast.

Keep all of the original posts in a document though, just in case they try to pull a fast one on you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just saw this on AutoBlog and I had to chime in.

You need to hit them where it hurts, in the pocket! Find ALL local News papers, Radio, TV stations, and tell them your story. This is going to get picked up big time. The news loves stories like this, especially in this economy - the underdog winning against the unfair company.

First and foremost, you need to contact a lawyer for sure! 100%, and a GOOD one. A lawyer that knows about consumer rights and consumer law. Don't give up and I am sure that you will get that car for that price or something similar. Don't ask for "compensation for your trouble", people will not sympathize to that, just ask for the car at the price you won it for and stick to it.

If you cost them sales, they will give in. Hell....if you lived there, you could stand out in front of the dealership and hand out flyers with picket signs.

GIVE THEM HELL AND DON'T BACK DOWN!

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Good news, Glenn Hyundai and I have come to an agreement. I am now taking the next step, and changing every one of my posts to reflect that "This was a misunderstanding and we have come to an agreement."

I'll give the details of the agreement once everything has been finalized.

Thanks so much for all the help that you've all given me.

Keep all of the original posts in a document though, just in case they try to pull a fast one on you.
+1.

·
Registered
41 Posts
aww right after i sent the editor of ADN the story... This is sad.. but happy at the same time.. GOOD JOB MY BOY!! good job...

Ah it's like i raised him my self.. :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
The funny thing is, there is so much negative press all over the place now. It'll take a while before the aftershocks settle down I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The funny thing is, there is so much negative press all over the place now. It'll take a while before the aftershocks settle down I think.
It may have been too little too late, depending on the details in the agreement. They still deserve the mess they got themselves in.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
+1

I love how we came together not just as car enthusiasts but as brothers and sisters helping a fellow brother on our forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is Matt from Jalopnik, we're definitely going to keep following this story, you can see the update on the site (can't link to it).

As we hear more we'll totally let you know! And feel free to email us at matt at jalopnik dot come as you here more!

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
It may have been too little too late, depending on the details in the agreement. They still deserve the mess they got themselves in.
I don't disagree one bit.

I think Hyundai USA should print out the news stories and send them to all of their dealerships with a note attached that says "Do not handle a situation like this."

Now I wonder if Glenn Hyundai will spin this and say "McFly got a great deal on a car!" in the newspapers like the BMW dealership did.

edit: Jalopnik links for Matt above me: Kentucky Hyundai Dealer Won't Honor eBay Auction Deal, Calls Buyer "Psycho" - Hyundai Genesis - Jalopnik
Kentucky Hyundai Dealership Threatens To Sue eBay Buyer If He Doesn't Shut Up - Hyundai Genesis - Jalopnik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good luck McFly, hope you got the fair price. This was some serious BS and I hope the dealership feels the effects of their actions toward this situation.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I don't disagree one bit.

I think Hyundai USA should print out the news stories and send them to all of their dealerships with a note attached that says "Do not handle a situation like this."
lol can anyone say mandatory dealership professionalism seminars this weekend? :rofl:

·
1337 CR3W
392 Posts
I just saw this on Autoblog and started laughing because I knew immediately exactly what it was. Kudos to you bro for your persistance, I hope your Genesis is all you hoped it would be.

281 - 300 of 572 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.