Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
custom builder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just out of curiousity does anyone know the current record for the highest whp on the 2.0t platform???
preferably verified results.

·
158 Posts
No idea, but I recall BTR having 850whp.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
They never dyno'd the super duper build with the nitrous but it made somewhere in the 700 range. They estimated 850 with the nitrous

·
custom builder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the btr build was officially 750hp without spray and 850 with the spray. as of this point nobody hpknows of a more powerful build on the 2.0t?

·
shorttrack
1,701 Posts
BTR's 750hp plus another 100 on N20 is nice ,No times on the car .Trailer Queen cars are plenty.It is more impressive to see a built car that can perform in real world situations .Ryan953267 don't get wrapped up in the costly Dyno Queen game .Big mistake most younger builders get into .Spend , spend, spend and the car at the end is no faster than a mild build car or cannot perform on par with a simple good home built combination car .I do not have much rwhp (460 on nitrous) but run in the top 5 of Gen Coupes in the 1/4 (11.87 @ 117 mph) and can run corners as well (road course) .If your goal is just dyno #'s ,go for it.be aware that high HP #'s If not managed correctly will only make you slow(power without control is nothing).Take care and good luck.From a old racer that blew more engines and money going nowhere to spending correctly and going somewhere, good luck .

·
Registered
486 Posts
Keep in mind BTR is hired by Hyundai to build these cars (the Genesis and Veloster) for the Sema shows. As stated, they may look good on oaper but not necessarily realistic on the street.

From what I was told wben talking with Sam is that the 750hp car was tuned down and is being driven to some extent. I dont know what was undone nor the specs it was tuned down to.

·
custom builder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTR's 750hp plus another 100 on N20 is nice ,No times on the car .Trailer Queen cars are plenty.It is more impressive to see a built car that can perform in real world situations .Ryan953267 don't get wrapped up in the costly Dyno Queen game .Big mistake most younger builders get into .Spend , spend, spend and the car at the end is no faster than a mild build car or cannot perform on par with a simple good home built combination car .I do not have much rwhp (460 on nitrous) but run in the top 5 of Gen Coupes in the 1/4 (11.87 @ 117 mph) and can run corners as well (road course) .If your goal is just dyno #'s ,go for it.be aware that high HP #'s If not managed correctly will only make you slow(power without control is nothing).Take care and good luck.From a old racer that blew more engines and money going nowhere to spending correctly and going somewhere, good luck .
by no means am i looking to have a car that lives on the dyno. theres no thrill for me on the dyno and i do really enjoy driving my car. im currently rebuilding my motor to handle more power yet and the car will be getting twincharged in the process. i know btr used a 6266 turbo and ill be using an hx40 so they have that advantage but ill be compound boosting so i might be able to make more numbers with a more usable curve as well. the world record thing is really just for my curiosity as i plan on taking my build all the way. previously i made 500whp but im trying to have this compete in the quarter with my lightning (1300hp) so 500 just wasnt enough...

·
custom builder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hope that didnt sound cocky or anything. apologies in advance ?

·
shorttrack
1,701 Posts
No ,you should be cocky.Being cocky ensures you will set a high standard for yourself .My last street/strip car(long time ago) was a 13b monster ''J'' bridge ported full race engine I built with supporting mods I ran 10.67 @133 mph in street trim and on PUMP gas all motor .This was my DD .No radio,no AC ,no windshield wipers,lexan sides and rear glass,8 point moly cage adjust 4 link ,4.88:1 gears and etc,etc and etc .This was in the mid 1990's .I was COCKY back then .

Reactions: mahrens34

·
custom builder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No ,you should be cocky.Being cocky ensures you will set a high standard for yourself .My last street/strip car(long time ago) was a 13b monster ''J'' bridge ported full race engine I built with supporting mods I ran 10.67 @133 mph in street trim and on PUMP gas all motor .This was my DD .No radio,no AC ,no windshield wipers,lexan sides and rear glass,8 point moly cage adjust 4 link ,4.88:1 gears and etc,etc and etc .This was in the mid 1990's .I was COCKY back then .
lol. my standards are pretty high but im by no means the loudest one in the room. however, if 850hp is currently the most powerful than there should be no reason that number cant be beat easily enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts